LAW NEWS IN BRIEF
- Submit your entry now for HR's top awards. Spalding, Dawn; Pettman, Allan; Manning, Martin // Personnel Today;5/25/2010, p8
Several blogs related to personnel management are discussed including one inviting entries for Personnel Today Awards 2010, one in response to an article "British Airways urged by union to engage in meaningful negotiations," in the May 11, 2010 issue and one in response to the article "Next...
- Royal Mail puts partnership project on ice. // People Management;8/28/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 17, p8
Reports that a company-wide partnership project at Great Britain's Royal Mail has been delayed while Communication Workers Union members decide whether to strike over pay, as of August 2003. Goal of the project; Status of industrial relations in the firm; Remarks from the partnership manager.
- Untitled. Logan, Guy // Personnel Today;9/9/2008, p60
The article reports on the stoppages paid by Royal Mail Inc. after the postponement of the working-to-contract campaign of the Communications Workers Union (CWU) in Great Britain. Royal Mail has paid the postal workers after the employment tribunal release a decision. According to CWU national...
- BA gets in shape for the future. Berry, Mike // Personnel Today;2/10/2004, p3
British Airways PLC's human resources department is about to make some tough decisions as the airline undergoes massive changes. The new business plan will see the human resources team working closer than ever with managers, people and the trade unions to transform the business. A personal...
- BA man seeks new Pop I-dole. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/4/2002, Issue 2503, p24
Talks about Flop Idle, the scheme proposed in British Airways PLC, wherein employees would vote 'Pop Idol'-style on who to make redundant. Price of phone votes; Reason for the proposed scheme.
- HR must inform staff of rationale behind cutbacks. // Personnel Today;6/23/2009, p3
The article reports that after British Airways PLC (BA) workers and unions reacted angrily to calls for them to work for free, human resources (HR) has been warned to present the business case to staff for any cost-cutting schemes used to avoid redundancies. According to Mike Emmott, employee...
- BA cabin crew end dispute. // Buying Business Travel;Jul/Aug2011, Issue 51, p7
The article reports that cabin crew members of the Unite union have unanimously voted to end a dispute against British Airways PLC (BA) over pay and working conditions.
- BA hopes to clear air with top-flight moves. Walsh, Jennie // People Management;10/23/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 21, p15
Announces the changes in British Airways' (BA) human resource operation. Information disclosed by Bob Ayling, chief excutive at BA on the plans of the company; Reception of T&G, trade union of BA on the changes; Other issues that needs to be resolved by the BA management.
- BA clears the air with trade union. Walsh, Jennie // People Management;1/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p14
Discusses the social partnership between the British Airways and T&G union in Great Britain. Implication of the labor dispute involving T&G; Reason behind the strike of the airlines' cabin crews; Percentage rise in the T&G membership among crews.