Syntegra Broadens Focus With ITS Myriad Offering
- Quick look. Engelke, Roger; Sciannamea, Mike // Electronic Design;9/5/95, Vol. 43 Issue 18, p64L
Focuses on data compression technology, a key enabler for today's rapidly growing interactive world. Drastic reduction of the cost of storage and transmission; Prediction that compression-product markets will grow rapidly through the rest of the decade.
- Compression software foibles. Albright, Anthony W. // Business NH Magazine;Apr95, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p24C
Recommends ways of expanding the available hard disk space of computers. Elimination of unneeded files and programs; Installation of a disk with greater capacity; Problems with computer compression software.
- Market facts. Van Tyle, Sherrie // Electronic Design;5/30/94, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p95
Reports on the 1994 financial performance of the data compression market in the United States. Market categories; Comparison with 1993 figures; Revenues.
- Data compression raises concerns about capacity. Van Name, Mark L.; Catchings, Bill // PC Week;5/17/93, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p62
Opinion. Comments on the proliferation of data-compression usage on clients and servers. Inclusion of data-compression features in MS-DOS 6.0 and NetWare 4.0; Reliability problems with disk compression; user storage requirements; NetWare 4.0's ability to compress data on a file, directory or...
- File consolidation: A secondary compression scheme. Mion, Ronald // CD-ROM Professional;Jun96, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p88
Focuses on how to achieve secondary file compression. Use of software; Storage of data by file systems in DOS and other operating systems; Determination of the true size of file.
- Different compression techniques. Hurlow, Mark; Leeds, Matthew // Macworld;Aug1993, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p65
Details the file-level and driver-level file compression techniques. Differences in operation; Advantages; Disadvantages.
- Compression is unequal. Hurlow, Mark; Leeds, Matthew // Macworld;Aug1993, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p66
Examines the variations in benefits derived from file compression by different types of files. Word processing and spreadsheet documents; Database documents; Scanned files; Previously compressed files.
- Resource compression. Hurlow, Mark; Leeds, Matthew // Macworld;Aug1993, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p66
Features the resource compression technique used by Apple. Principle of operation; AutoDoubler Internal Compressor (AIC).
- Compress those data files to create more disk space. Danca, Richard A. // PC Week;10/18/93, Vol. 10 Issue 41, p98
Discusses data compression programs. DoubleSpace in Microsoft Corp.'s DOS 6.0; File compression and hard-disk data compression.