Snappy answers to stupid questions: an evidence-based framework for responding to peer-review feedback
- FEEDBACK WORKS: SHOW YOUR BOSS! Schwarzkopf, Klaus; Schwendiman, Gary; Butler, Richard // Training & Development Journal;Dec80, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p99
Details the training improvement and managerial growth tool, the individual assessment profile (IAP). Features of IAP; Roles of co-worker assessment and feedback in organizational success.
- A New Look at Within-Source Interrater Reliability of 360-Degree Feedback Ratings. Greguras, Gary J.; Robie, Chet // Journal of Applied Psychology;Dec98, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p960
This study investigated within-source interrater reliability of supervisor, peer, and subordinate feedback ratings made for managerial development. Raters provided 360-degree feedback ratings on a sample of 153 managers. Using generalizability theory, results indicated that little within-source...
- Advice of Counsel. Geller, Karen H.; Ryan, Barbara A. // Healthcare Traveler;Jan2007, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p42
The article presents questions and answers related to hospital procedures. A nurse asks if she is personally responsible for the personal items of patients if she was the last person to handle them. Another asks about her legal options regarding being falsely accused of incompetence by a...
- The Mailbag. Peterson, Ralph A. // HR Specialist: Florida Employment Law;Nov2011, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p8
The article presents questions and answers related to employment laws which include the use of a smartphone to record secretly performance review, the accommodation of mondays off for religious reasons and the limitations of using social media by employees.
- Puzzled over Performance. Gaunt, Kevin // New Zealand Management;Aug2006, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p68
The article presents questions and answers related to management. One person asks about the implementation of a performance review system. A reader inquires about the assessment of an employee's performance.
- Peer Review versus Teacher Feedback in Process Writing: How Effective? Ekşı, Gonca Yangin // International Journal of Applied Educational Studies;Apr2012, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p33
The purpose of this research is to investigate the impact of peer review in comparison to that of teacher feedback on students' writing performance in an EFL academic writing context. The study also aims to suggest a possible way to alleviate the workload of writing instructors. The participants...
- Designing the Review Process. Tyler, Kathryn // HR Magazine;Jul2007, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p70
The article discusses ways of designing a peer performance review process. It stresses that it is necessary for HR executives to understand the choices themselves. According to "What Directors Think," a research study by Corporate Board Member magazine and PricewaterhouseCoopers, board...
- On Peer Review Standards For the Information Systems Literature. Davison, Robert M.; De Vreede, Gert-Jan; Briggs, Robert O. // Communications of the Association for Information Systems;2005, Vol. 16, p967
The quality of research published in journals is not only dependent on the work performed by authors, but also on the service undertaken by peer reviewers. In this paper, we take a two-pronged qualitative approach to establish an integrated set of criteria for reviewers, for the reviews they...
- Perceived Similarity and Accuracy of Peer Ratings. Fox, Shaul; Ben-Nahum, Zeev; Yinon, Yoel // Journal of Applied Psychology;Oct89, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p781
Examines the hypothesis on perceived similarity and accuracy of peer ratings suggested by Mumford (1983) and derived from the social comparison theory. Peer assessment method; Use of social comparison theory to explain the high validity of peer assessment; Central principle in social comparison...