- Diabetics of the world, unite! BUNYE, IGNACIO R. // Filipino Reporter;7/25/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 34, p32
The article offers information on statistics related to diabetes on which the World Health Organization and the International Diabetic Federation agrees along with measures taken by mexico such as implementing restriction on the advertisement of sugared beverages and sweets to address diabetes.
- World Diabetes Day 14 November 2011. // Africa Health;Nov2011, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p9
The article offers information on the World Diabetes Day sponsored by the International Diabetes Federation (IDF) and World Health Organization (WHO) on November 14, 2011.
- Metabolic Syndrome and Cancer. Pothiwala, Pooja; Jain, Sushil K.; Yaturu, Subhashini // Metabolic Syndrome & Related Disorders;Aug2009, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p279
Since its first description by Reavan in 1988, accepted criteria for clinical identification of the components of metabolic syndrome have been promulgated by the National Cholesterol Education Program/Adult Treatment Panel III (NCEP/ATP III) and the World Health Organization (WHO) as well as the...
- The World In Medicine. Voelker, Rebecca // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;10/13/99, Vol. 282 Issue 14, p1322
Presents world news briefs regarding medicine as of October 13, 1999. Pledge made by the director-general of the World Health Organization (WHO) to focus attention on the improved use of scarce resources in Africa; Discovery made by researchers in Japan regarding a link between blood levels of...
- Primary Prevention of Diabetes in the Middle East and North Africa Region: An Ecological Perspective. Heaven, Chelsea; Morales, Nancy; Luegers, Adrienne; YoussefAgha, Ahmed; Jayawardene, Wasantha // International Journal of Health, Wellness & Society;2011, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p87
The goal of this study is to conduct an ecological analysis to examine the differences in diet and lifestyle between countries in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region identified as having a high, medium, and low prevalence of diabetes based on the regional average. Data sources...
- Climate change good for health. // New Zealand Doctor;5/7/2008, p11
The article reports that Professor Boyd Swinburn, former Heart Foundation medical director, said during his presentation on the food industry at the International Diabetes Federation western Pacific region congress in April 2008 that climate change will be good for the health. Swinburn is the...
- PREVENTION Through Education. Calabro, Anthony // O&P Business News;11/1/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p20
The article focuses on the World Diabetes Day (WDD) to be held on November 14, 2009, organized by the International Diabetes Federation (IDF) and World Health Organization (WHO) which aims to increase knowledge on proper management and prevention of diabetes. IDF communications manager Phil...
- WHO reviews, approves acceptable HIV/AIDS drugs. // Nation's Health;May2002, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p14
Reports that the World Health Organization published a list in March 2002 of HIV-related medicines that have been deemed to have acceptable quality standards. Remarks from Peter Piot, executive director of UNAIDS, about the United Nations initiative; Information on the Access to Quality...
- Letters. Edwards, Anusha G; Donaldson, Olly; Walsh, Ed; Karantana, Alexia; Elder, Andrew T; Hague, W M; Davoren, P M; Oliver, J; Rowan, J; Jones, Philip; Yate, Paul; Jones, G C; Macklin, J P; Alexander consultant Physician, W D; Martin, Stephen; Smith, Peter C; Walshe, Kieran M J; Hackam, Daniel G; Ashcroft, John S // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/5/2003, Vol. 326 Issue 7392, p762
Presents letters related to medicine. Importance of medical staff awareness about major incident planning; Comments about drug treatment of hypertension; Difficulties faced in the identification of malnourished children by the World Health Organization.