Taming Turbulent Piping-System Flow
- Cast mortar liner rehabilitates pipe. // Municipal Sewer & Water;Jan2013, p52
A case study of erosion in a metal pipe installed in San Diego, California is presented which discusses the method to repair pipes for enhanced usage.
- Fiberglass pipe repairs sewer. // Municipal Sewer & Water;Jan2013, p53
A case study of a 70 foot-deep sinkhole west of a sidewalk in Brooklyn, New York is presented which discusses its repair and maintenance work.
- Optimal Placement of Isolation Valves in Water Distribution Systems Based on Valve Cost and Weighted Average Demand Shortfall. Creaco, Enrico; Franchini, Marco; Alvisi, Stefano // Water Resources Management;Dec2010, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p4317
In this paper a method for optimal placement of isolation valves in water distribution systems is presented. These valves serve to isolate parts of the network (segments) containing one or more pipes on which maintenance work can be performed without disrupting service in the entire network or...
- Meeting the challenge of piping system retrofit. Pool, Randal L. // PM Engineer;May96, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p22
Discusses various aspects of retrofitting plumbing and piping systems for replacement or expansion. Design issues; Selection of valves and piping connections; Rerouting of critical services; Line freezing for larger pipes; Installation of bypass piping; Relief for failed in-line isolation valves.
- Maintaining drill pipe for horizontal applications. Griffin, Jeff // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Mar96, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p40
Advises on maintaining drill pipe for horizontal applications. Types of pipe structure; Preventing drill pipe damage; Inspecting drill pipes.
- HTPV pipes, fittings potentially hazardous. // Engineered Systems;Mar1997, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p17
Presents information on reports of high temperature plastic vent (HTPV) pipes, fittings and appliance adapters cracking, and of pipe joints loosening received by the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). Association where CPSC sent a report of its findings; How cracking and...
- Pipe replacement without traffic jams. Wilson, Jim; Dunne, Jim; al, et // Popular Mechanics;Oct96, Vol. 173 Issue 10, p24
Describes pipe-bursting, an underground repair technique developed by Trenchless Rehabilitation Co. Way to keep both the water and traffic running; Benefits of the technique.
- Rehab contractors pipe up. Wright, Andrew G. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/6/96, Vol. 236 Issue 18, p16
Focuses on pipe construction and repair contractors which have developed a product for trenchless rehabilitation of pipes over 12 inches in diameter. Names of companies involved; Boh Brothers Construction Company and others; Estimated annual value of pipe rehabilitation in the United States;...
- Pipe Installation, Maintenance & Rehabilitation. // Public Works;Spring2011, Vol. 142 Issue 6, p77
The article lists the companies that cater pipe installation, maintenance and rehabilitation in the U.S. including Transpo Industries Inc., McLaughlin Group Inc., and Aco Polymer Products Inc.