Preventing Mold With Fiberglass
- Are Contractors Taking Mold Seriously Enough? Bishop, Matt // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/11/2014, Vol. 252 Issue 15, p12
The article focuses on whether HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) contractors in the U.S. focus on mold remediation. It refers to Mike White of Clean Air Systems of Louisiana, who says that most of the air conditioning contractors in the region don't think about getting the state...
- Blanket your basement. // Better Homes & Gardens;Jun95, Vol. 73 Issue 6, pB1
Provides construction tips on installing insulation package in the basement. Use of plastic foam insulating panels; Installation instruction.
- Insulation Accessory Products: A Total System Approach is Essential. // ASHRAE Journal;Jul2014, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p134
No Abstract or Headings.
- ultraviolet lamps. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/22/2005, Vol. 225 Issue 17, p1
Discusses the use of ultraviolet germicidal lamps to eliminate mold growth in heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems.
- Control Mold to Reduce Liability. Martin, John // Lodging Hospitality;8/1/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p56
This article discusses ways to prevent mold infestation in hotels' heating, ventilation and air condition (HVAC). Newly constructed hotels are not the only fertile grounds for mold growth, and associated litigation arising from exposure of hotel guests and employees to microbial contamination....
- Taking Notes: Desiccant Dehumidation. WELTY, STEVEN; WADDELL, CHARLIE // Engineered Systems;Jun2011, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p34
The article offers authors' insights on the use of desiccant dehumidification (DD) technologies for engineering projects, which is used to control and prevent mold growth. The authors states that DD system can snatch 100% outside air humidity load and can dry ventilation air humidity cooling...
- Keeping Buildings Healthy via UVC Technology. Scheir, Robert // Buildings;Mar2006, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p30
The article considers high-output ultraviolet C band (UVC) lights installed in the HVAC system to be an effective and efficient strategy for mold, microbial and virus transmission control. In a typical building with 4 to 5 air changes per hour, UVC energy can destroy more than 90 percent of...
- PROTECT YOUR BUSINESS AGAINST MOLD LITIGATION. Skaer, Mark // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/5/2006, Vol. 228 Issue 6, p1
The article highlights mold exposure risks to the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVACR) industry citing legal costs for HVACR contractors. The Air Conditioning Contractors of America's Insurance Service has launched a mold risk management and insurance program to...
- Portable Technology Helps Dry, Dehumidify. Skaer, Mark // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/10/2006, Vol. 228 Issue 11, p18
The article reports on the use of portable air conditioning and heating in drying out and dehumidifying mold-prone areas on an ongoing basis, or in the event of a disaster when damage occurs from leaks or flooding in the U.S. Relief officials after Hurricane Katrina 2005 has used more than 300...