- letters to the editor. Powers Jr., Walter; Lukas, Holger; Tom, Steve // Engineered Systems;Apr2006, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p10
The article presents several letters to the editor in response to topics covered in previous issues, including "How Do You Sell Commissioning Services?" published in the July 2005 issue, "Fort Bragg's Arsenal of Efficiency," by Joanna R. Turpin, published in the October 2005 issue and Steve...
- HOW TO... UNDERSTAND YOUR BUILDING'S DNA. Mahony, Mike // FM World;3/26/2015, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p37
The article discusses ways on how to implement a facilities team approach for continuous building commissioning.
- THE COMMISSIONING PROCESS (ONE MAN'S OPINION). Kjelgaard, Michael // Engineered Systems;May2005, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p34
Comments on the importance of commissioning process to achieve and maintain peak operating efficiency. Accounts on the two opposing views on commissioning process. Addition of commissioning specifications to the construction documents; Configuration of commissioning process by today's standard...
- SET IT And Forget it? Ehrlich, Paul; Goldschmidt, Ira // Engineered Systems;Feb2011, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p20
The article offers information on the recommended steps for making a system works properly as it claims that proper operation of most systems requires continuous troubleshooting, fine-tuning and commissioning. It notes that long-term trending and building metering will allow to uncover system...
- Ongoing Commissioning. Berning, Michael J. // Environmental Design & Construction;Mar2012, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p40
The article discusses the significance of ongoing commissioning program to effectively and efficiently manage energy in a building system. It provides a detailed understanding on how the program works and how it differs from basic commissioning and retro-commissioning services. In addition, the...
- Building Consensus on Commissioning. Suttell, Robin // Buildings;Jan2005, Vol. 99 Issue 1, p56
Focuses on building commissioning, a process of improving a facility's energy performance and reducing operating costs. Primary goal of the commissioning process; Benefits of commissioning; Importance of commissioning to building performance and energy savings.
- BCXA ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTES, Part 5. Ellis, Rebecca // Engineered Systems;Nov2010, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p22
The article examines the ninth of the Building Commission Association's (BCxA) 11 Essential Attributes of Building Commissioning in the U.S. It states that the attribute addresses functional performance testing (FPT) which verifies that the building systems perform interactively in accordance...
- Non-Profit Offers Online Resource for Building Commissioning. // Buildings;Mar2007, Vol. 101 Issue 3, p24
The article reports on an online resource for building commissioning offered by the California Commissioning Collaborative (CCC). CCC is a non-profit organization committed to improving the performance of buildings and their systems. Its Web site includes a link to Cx Assistant, a Web-based tool...
- RECEIVING A COMMISSION. // University Business;Jun2004 Supplement, Vol. 7, p7
Presents information on a campus construction building at Middlebury College in Vermont. Definition of building commissioning; Views of David Ginevan, executive vice president of Facilities Planning at Middlebury, on the role of commissioning agents; Benefits of building commissioning.