The Times They Are A-CHANGIN'
- Let's go around the world. Hughes, Michael // Industrial Engineer: IE;Sep2013, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p6
An introduction is presented to articles in this issue including "What Engineering Matters in Management," an article on medical care in Great Britain and Saudi Arabia and an article on manufacturing industries in Mexico.
- Trade Center edges closer to becoming major hotel. Stuart, Stephen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);05/07/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p12
Reports the approval of a hotel conversion proposal for the World Trade Center (WTC) by the City Council of New Orleans, Louisiana in May 2001. Amount collected by the city from the WTC per year; Projections for the first decade of hotel operation; Provisions for the approved leases.
- Local history set in stone. Critchley, Jill // Stone World;Oct2001, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p106
Focuses on the Thomas V. Mike Miller Jr. Senate Office Building in Annapolis, Maryland which features a mosaic depicting the state seal of Maryland.
- A Clarion Call for Civil Discourse . . . Core to Engagement. Sandmann, Lorilee R. // Journal of Higher Education Outreach & Engagement;2014, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including higher education service-learning, community engagement and adaptation and performance improvement in the health care, government and manufacturing sectors.
- INTERIOR. Cairns, Stephen // Architecture Australia;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p24
Focuses on the interior design of the Australia Post office designed by the H2o Architects in Melbourne, Victoria. Features; Description of its basements.
- Parallel worlds. Mewborn, Amanda // Industrial Engineer: IE;Jan2016, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p22
In this article, the author discusses developments needed in industrial engineering (IE) principles in healthcare and advanced IE principles used by United Parcel Service (UPS) which was a highlight for the author at the 2015 IIE Engineering Lean and Six Sigma Conference held at Atlanta,...
- Evidence-based medicine: An opportunity not to be missed. Sladek, Ruth M. // Australian Library Journal;Aug2000, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p271
Introduces the concept of Evidence-Based Medicine (EBM) as applied in the Australian health care system. Definition of EBM; Health librarian's role in EBM; Stages of EBM; Key areas of EBM; Ways to improve health outcomes; Role of educational changes in the effective use of information.
- From the Editors of World Future Review. Mack, Timothy C.; Jennings, Lane // World Future Review (World Future Society);Aug/Sep2010, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including the study "Limits to Growth," the resistance to change the education sector, and the changes in elderly care.
- Taking baby steps toward standardization. EISENHAUER, WILLIAM "IKE" // Industrial Engineer: IE;Apr2014, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p24
The article discusses the systems concept of equifinality in the effort to standardize healthcare systems in the U.S. It outlines the initial steps to standardization in order to achieve the ultimate goal of standardization. It references "Organization Development and Change" by Thomas G....