'MCN,' 'B&C,' 'TWICE' Sold
- NewBay Media to Launch 'NYC Television Week'. // Multichannel News;1/21/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p6
The article reports that Newbay Media LLC will launch the event titled ""NYC Television Week" in October 2013 in Manhattan, New York.
- Cable's Wild Ride. Levine, Shira // America's Network;Aug99 Supplement, Vol. 103 Issue 12, p22
Discusses information on cable network mergers. Consolidation activities of various companies; Background on the cable industry; Technology developments in the cable industry.
- Telemundo already orbiting Sony. Katz, Richard // Variety;06/22/98, Vol. 371 Issue 7, p28
Reports that although the FCC company has yet to approve Sony/Liberty Media buyout of Telemundo Group Incorporated, it has demonstrated plenty of Sony Corporation's influence during its upfront presentation to advertisers. Competition between Telemundo and Univision; Comment from Roland...
- Viacom Outlets Merge Offices, Mull Staff Cuts. Hudson, Eileen Davis // MediaWeek;7/1/2002-7/8/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 26, p9
Reports on the merging of the offices of KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV in fall 2002. Information on the plan of the management to cut some positions; Details of the staff shuffling at the television stations; Benefits from the consolidation of the television stations.
- NBC won't give Bravo rerun-around. Dempsey, John // Variety;1/20/2003, Vol. 389 Issue 9, p29
Focuses on the acquisition of Bravo channel by NBC in January 2003. Budget for the programming of Bravo; Challenges faced by Bravo; Audience share of Bravo.
- New role for the newsweeklies: Interpreting 'blur of video images'. Smith, Richard M. // Advertising Age;11/4/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 47, p32
Discusses advantages of newsweekly magazines over television broadcasting. Fair-minded and insightful analysis provided by experts in a wide variety of fields; Still photography; Maps, charts and graphics that convey information; Occasional excerpts from news-making books.
- NEWBAY MEDIA LAUNCHING NYC TELEVISION WEEK. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/21/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 3, p4
The article offers information on publisher Newbay Media LLC's NYC Television Week to be held in various locations throughout New York on the last week of October 2013 which will comprise several events including seminars, galas, and award presentations.
- Outsell TV offers executive peer councils. // TVB Europe;Nov2013, p45
The article reports on the launch of Outsell TV, a series of invitation-only executive councils that connect television industry experts to a community of their peers, together with the collaboration of NewBay Media, LLC, a magazine and website publisher, and Outsell Inc., advisory service firm.
- Digital television in Germany. Kleinsteuber, Hans J. // International Journal of Digital Television;2011, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p87
Digital television in Germany is not really the subject of national-level policy. Initiatives are left to the broadcasters and to the 'Landesmedienanstalten', the fourteen bodies that regulate broadcasting in each of Germany's sixteen LÃ¤nder (regional states). The explanation for this lies in...