SHVERA Passes Convincingly In House
- SHVERA Clears First Hurdle. // Multichannel News;7/6/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p25
The article reports on a proposal passed to the U.S. House Energy and Commerce Committee's Communications, Technology and the Internet Subcommittee on the revision of the Satellite Home Viewer Extension and Reauthorization Act (SHVERA) to grant satellite operators a compulsory license.
- Media Wire. Shields, Todd; Consoli, John; Larson, Megan; Bachman, Katy // MediaWeek;6/7/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p4
Presents news briefs on the U.S. mass media sector as of June 7, 2004. Discussion on the decision of the U.S. House Commerce Committee to pass a renewal of the law that lets satellite providers offer network programming to their customers; Household rating of the cable television broadcast of...
- On the Hill:. // CableFAX Daily;6/5/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 108, p2
Cites that the video franchising bill proposed by U.S. House Commerce chairman Joe Barton is expected to come up for a vote in the week ending June 11, 2006.
- Tauzin Says Rereg Is DOA . McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;6/23/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 25, p1
The article reports on the defeat of a Senate bill by U.S. House Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Billy Tauzin that will restore many of the media-ownership restrictions discarded by the U.S. Federal Communication Commission on June 2, 2003. Measures to reinstate the 35% cap on national...
- Pipeline Safety Legislation Passed. Webster, Hugh // Welding Journal;Dec2006, Vol. 85 Issue 12, p4
The article reports on the United States House Energy and Commerce Committee's passage of the Pipeline Safety Improvement Act of 2006. The bill reauthorizes federal pipeline safety programs. It also increases federal authority to enforce damage prevention rules and encourage states to adopt...
- House committee approves CHGME reauthorization bill. // AHA News;8/8/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 16, p2
The article announces the approval by the U.S. House Energy and Commerce Committee of the American Hospital Association (AHA) supported legislation, H.R. 1852, that reauthorizes the Children's Hospitals Graduate Medical Education (CHGME) program at its present funding level for five years.
- SGR Repeal Under Way; More Changes Coming. BARBER, THOMAS C.; TWETTEN, MATTHEW; FASSBENDER, ELIZABETH; BOUDREAUX, CATHERINE // AAOS Now;Oct2013, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p21
The article focuses on the approval of the HR 2810, The Medicare Patient Access and Quality Improvement Act of 2013, by the U.S. House of Representatives Energy and Commerce (E&C) Committee in the U.S. It mentions that the bill is focused on the Sustainable Growth Rate (SGR) formula for...
- House MDUFMA bill now heads to floor, draws mixed reviews. // Medical Device Daily;6/27/2007, Vol. 11 Issue 123, p1
The article reports that the U.S. House Energy and Commerce Committee voted through its version of the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) reauthorization bill in June 2007 and included some changes to the original set of bills that were the objects of dismay from the Republicans, FDA and many...
- Retrans Dance:. // CableFAX Daily;5/9/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 90, p3
Focuses on the credit that should be given to the American Communication Association for convincing House of Representatives Commerce Committee chairman Representative Joe Barton (R-Tex.) to retransmit the communication bill.