Mediacom: The Fastest by a Smidge
- Mediacom Communications Corp. offers new high-speed Internet service. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/14/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 21, p22
Introduces the high-speed Internet service offered by Mediacom Communications Corp. Reliability of the network; Focus on providing customer satisfaction; Agreement between the company and AT&T.
- The Bumpy Road Through Upgrades. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);7/15/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 28, p46
Focuses on the importance of local marketing in launching an upgrade of Internet service. Information on Cox Communications' marketing strategy; Customer relations goal of Mediacom Communications; Action taken by Sunflower Broadband in Kansas to relieve upgrade woes.
- Mediacom launches residential gigabit broadband for communities in Missouri. // Fiber Optics Weekly Update;9/18/2015, Vol. 35 Issue 38, p7
The article offers information on a gigabit Internet service in Missouri from Mediacom Communications.
- Mediacom Trips In Web Ad Test. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;3/14/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p24
The article reports on the evaluation of the in-browser notification technology PerfTech through web advertising injection test, by Mediacom Communications Corp., which is suspended following the occurrence of its error.
- Mediacom's Ultra 305 service launch gives CR metro area a boost. DeWitte, Dave // Corridor Business Journal;4/21/2014, Vol. 10 Issue 39, p3
The article offers brief information on the Ultra 305 megabits per second (Mbps) residential Internet service launched in Cedar Rapids, Iowa by Mediacom.
- Mass marketing the Internet. Lakelin, Philip // Telecommunications - International Edition;Apr99, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p59
Discusses the future of independent Internet service providers (ISP) as the market is dominated by traditional telecommunications companies and other competitors. Mass marketing of the Internet; Provision of free service; Importance of size.
- The unreliable Internet. Huston, Geoff // Satellite Broadband;May2001, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p16
Discusses the role of customers in providing resiliency in the Internet and the access services provided by Internet service providers (ISP). Objective of the Internet; How quality is defined within the ISP network; Prevention of network congestion by increasing the capacity; Limitation of the...
- Policy issues must be determined by those affected, not by technocrats. McMullen, John F. // Westchester County Business Journal;3/3/97, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p13
Makes observations concerning policy issues regarding the use of the Internet. Requests from telephone companies to charge Internet service providers for time used instead of blanket charges; Possibility of increase in Internet access charges; Potential threats to privacy brought by computer...
- NEXTNET/GRAND FORKS WIRELESS DELIVER BROADBAND WIRELESS. // Tele-Service News;Aug2002, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p5
Reports on the announcement of NextNet Wireless company and Grand Forks Wireless Inc. that the Expedience NLOS system of NextNet is delivering high-speed Internet service to residential and business subscribers in Yuma, Arizona as of August 2002.