TWX Poised for Big Returns
- Short-Term Outlook Is Brighter, But Long-Term Still Cloudy. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;10/19/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 36, p36
The article looks at the prospects of U.S. media company stocks after their prices fell during the third quarter (Q3) of 2015. It cites the insights of analysts about the stocks' short-term and long-term outlooks, the sustainability of domestic advertising revenue, and the stability of...
- Time Warner revenue misses. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/ 7/2013, pA02
The media giant said it earned $1.01 per share ex items in Q3, up 20% from last year and 12 cents above views. Revenue climbed 0.2% to $6.9 bil, missing.
- Earnings caution dents TW stock. Doman, Matthew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/19/2000, Vol. 366 Issue 9, p4
Reports on the decreased stock prices of Time Warner Inc. for the second week of December 2000. Decline of the company's earnings affecting stock prices; Failure of the company's movie projects to deliver expected earnings.
- Look past price. // Dow Theory Forecasts;4/18/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 16, p1
The article presents a view asserting that the expensiveness of a stock reflects when it trades at too high a price relative to cash flow or earnings.
- DirecTV: the picture of growth potential. // Dow Theory Forecasts;7/5/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 27, p8
The article offers information on the economic performance of DirecTV Inc. The company had generated free cash flow of 2.93 billion dollars in the four quarters of 2009. The stock's Quadrix Overall scores grew 18 points from 73 of March 2010. Moreover, DirecTV's shares had increased to 39% over...
- IMPLICATIONS OF NEGATIVE RETAINED EARNINGS. Teal, Mary; Sivarama Krishnan, V. // International Journal of Business, Accounting, & Finance;Fall2014, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p49
This study describes the accounting rules that cause retained earnings to be inaccurate measures of historic profitability. It analyzes this curious phenomenon and the accounting origins for the occurrence of negative retained earnings that are reported by relatively healthy firms. In most...
- The Effect of Non-Convertible Preferred Stock Retirement on Shareholder Wealth. Rao, Ramesh; Moyer, R. Charles // Journal of Economics & Finance;Spring92, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p11
In this paper the authors examine the common stock price behavior of firms that call their non-convertible preferred stock. The findings for the entire sample of preferred stock calls are consistent with the Modigliani and Miller (MM) leverage hypothesis that preferred stock financing adds no...
- N2H2 Appeals Delisting Notice From Nasdaq, Reports 25% Decrease in 3Q. // Electronic Education Report;8/29/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p4
Reports the appeal of the N2H2 Corp. from the delisting notice of Nasdaq Market System. Appeal of the company for an extension to cope up to the declining stock prices; Expectation of the company to recovery the cash flow; Effort of the company to expand the corporate products.
- Cash rules. Kruger, Adriaan // Finance Week;10/26/2001, p14
Focuses on the importance of cash flow analysis. Caution for a decline of share prices; Reflection of the competitiveness and potential of the company in the industry; Principles guiding the cash flow analysis. INSET: The way to free cash flow..