- AFTRA-NBC Battle Heats Up. Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;1/6/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 1, p31
Reports on efforts of American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (AFTRA) to promote campaigns to unionize NBC's Chicago Telemundo station WSNS(TV). Communities and agencies that have extended support to efforts of AFTRA; Disagreement of AFTRA regarding intervention of management in...
- NEWSLINE&hellips;. Hay, Carla // Billboard;4/13/2002, Vol. 114 Issue 15, p72
Presents news briefs related top radio and television broadcasting as of April 13, 2002, including details of a brief submitted to the United States Federal Communications Commission by the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists outlining their formal objections to radio consolidation.
- AFTRA UPS TWO VET EXEX. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;10/27/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 40, p15
Reports the promotion of Paul Worthman and David Besbris of the American Federation of Television & Radio Artists in Los Angeles, California. Replacement of Worthman of Gerry Daley as head of broadcasting; Assumption of Besbris as television department head; Career highlights of the two executives.
- Men make most on coast. Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;06/05/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 24, p14
Reports that female broadcasters earn less than their male counterparts in the United States, according to the results of a study from the Los Angeles local of the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists. Average salary of female television anchors and reporters; Reaction of critics...
- AFTRA names praiser to post. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;1/25/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 18, p6
The article reports on the appointment of John Hinrichs, senior communications specialist at the Service Employees Intl. Union, as national director of communications by the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (AFTRA) in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California. Hinrichs will assume...
- Aftra pushes noncompete laws. Prato, Lou // Electronic Media;02/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p44
Reports that the American Federation of Radio and Television Artists is pushing for a law that prohibits noncompete clauses in broadcast industry contracts in Massachusetts. Other American states where similar bills were introduced; Overview on the provisions imposed under the proposed state...
- Actors set May 10 to start talks. Mcnary, Dave // Daily Variety;04/11/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 31, p1
Focuses on the tentative date set by the Screen Actors Guild and the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (AFRTA) for starting contract negotiations with studios. Leaders' caution that the launch will be moved back if writers' contract talks have not been concluded.
- AFTRA SENDS CHAITOVITZ TO THE HILL. Mcnary, Dave // Daily Variety;03/21/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 16, p5
Announces the appointment of Ann Chaitovitz as national director of sound recordings of the American Federation of Television & Radio Artists in Los Angeles, California. Effort of preserving the intellectual property rights of an artist; Duties of Chaitovitz; Career highlights.
- BRAVO UPPED AT AFTRA. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;11/08/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 48, p9
Reports the promotion of Dominique Bravo as national director for the legal and legislative affairs of the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (AFTRA) in the United States. Position previously held by Bravo; Career with AFTRA; Responsibilities entailed with the position.