FOR THE RECORD
- SSL for Spanish TV. Stapley, Patrick // Pro Sound News;Nov95, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p20
Reports that a Solid State Logic SL 4000 G Plus was ordered by the regional broadcaster for NW Spain, Television De Calicia (TVG) for a post production studio at its headquarters in Santiago de Compostela, Galicia. Services to be provided by the studio; Information on TVG's existing facilities.
- Monsieur Mickey faces tough Euro quota regs. Paoli, Pascale // Variety;03/03/97, Vol. 366 Issue 5, p65
Reports on the March 22, 1997 launch of the Disney Channel in France. Initial broadcast of the channel on Canal Satellite; Problems faced by Disney concerning this pending launch.
- IT'S LONELY AT THE TOP. Dempsey, John // Variety;9/10/2001, Vol. 384 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the success of Home Box Office (HBO) television network. Number of 2001 Emmy Awards nominations earned by HBO; Challenge facing HBO; Concern of HBO executives about AOL.
- ASIA'S MTV KUDOS. Osborne, Magz // Variety;9/10/2001, Vol. 384 Issue 4, p20
Reports on the plans of MTV Asia for its first pan-Asian kudocast in Singapore. What the kudos will include; One of the anchors of the program; Successful music awards in Asia.
- Hispanic Nets Heating. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;05/22/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p9
Focuses on the competition between Univision and Telemundo, the cable television networks for Hispanic viewers. Increase in the prime-time Hispanic television audience of Telemundo; Changes in the television programming schedule of Univision.
- USA maps production synergy. Dempsey, John; Littleton, Cynthia // Variety;05/25/98, Vol. 371 Issue 3, p23
Reports on the drama series included in the primetime schedule of USA Network cabler company for 1998-1999. Cable lineup planned by USA executive Barry Diller; Collapse of a deal to acquire a sitcom; Percentage of American households reached by the cable company.
- Nick to air in New Zealand. Murdoch, Blake // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;01/04/2000, Vol. 361 Issue 8, p102
Reports the scheduled launching of the children's channel Nickelodeon in New Zealand on February 1, 2000.
- TV3 kicks out U.S. pics as debts hit $143 mil. Khan, Bob // Variety;8/13/2001, Vol. 383 Issue 12, p25
Reports that the Malaysian television network TV3 is being restructured to reduce its crippling debt. Goal of the restructuring move; Pre-tax losses that TV3 reduced for the nine months ended May 13, 2001; Likely effect of the restructuring move on Malaysian Resources Corporation's stake in the...
- Bravo doubles up on original programming. McConville, Jim // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;3/12/2002, Vol. 372 Issue 28, p4
Reports on the additional program series of Bravo cable arts network. Budget of the original series programming; Schedule of proposed miniseries and specials; Estimation of the total programming in a year.