Nielsen Hastens TV-Plus-PC
- Spreadsheets by Nielsen. // MediaWeek;2/12/96, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p33
Reports that Nielsen Media Research has released a new software for analyzing syndicated television program performance in the United States.
- Nielsen marries TV, online ratings. Poggi, Jeanine // Advertising Age;10/1/2012, Vol. 83 Issue 35, p1
The article describes the Cross-Platform Online Campaign Ratings tool developed by the information and measurement company Nielsen Media Research Inc. that combines television and online audience rating systems to compare audience numbers across mediums.
- HUTs continue to fall. S.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;04/21/97, Vol. 127 Issue 17, p11
Reports on the survey by Nielsen Media Research indicating a drop in television viewing in the United States apparently due to competition with the Internet. Decline in homes using television rate in prime time by 60.1%.
- TV households, viewers increase in U.S. Gough, Paul J. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/24/2007, Vol. 400 Issue 48, p51
The article reports that according to Nielsen Media Research Inc., despite the pressure from the Internet, there is a slight increase in the number of TV households in the U.S. Nielsen said that there will be 112.8 million TV households in the U.S. on January 1, 2007. Nielsen uses the household...
- Nielsen's Home 'Lab' Tracks TV, Web Use. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;01/22/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p28
Reports that the Nielsen Media Research has launched a 'Convergence Lab' in an effort to monitor television viewing and Internet activity as they occur in the same households. Tracking of viewers' watching television programs and using the Internet by the Nielsen's PeopleMeters and NetRatings...
- Battle of the databases. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;09/14/98, Vol. 8 Issue 34, p6
Reports on the competition between Nielsen Media Research's DART television-audience measurement software and Statistical Research Inc.'s SMART national rating service. Agencies and advertisers that expressed support for SMART; Nielsen's touting of the capabilities of DART.
- November sweeps: CBS eyes victory. Coe, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;12/5/94, Vol. 124 Issue 49, p19
Reports on the Nielsen Media Research ratings of television networks in the United States for the month of November, 1994. Television programs evaluated; Household television viewing habits.
- Nielsen ups household estimate. // Electronic Media;09/01/97, Vol. 16 Issue 36, p35
Reports that Nielsen Media Research has increased its estimate of the number of total television households in the United States. Nielsen's estimated total; Number of households each rating point will represent.
- Changes at oft-maligned Nielsen. Wallace, David J. // Advertising Age;7/22/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 30, pS16
Criticizes the Nielsen Media Research company for being the sole arbiter of national television ratings by ad agencies and television networks in the United States. Commissions to develop a new ratings measurement service; Comments by senior vice president director of media research Susan...