Charter Marks Ch. 11 Emergence With Little Internal Fanfare
- SMIT GETS A FRESH CHARTER. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;8/10/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 27, p2
Reports on the recruitment of Neil Smit as president and CEO of Charter Communications Inc. in the U.S. Appreciation of the company of Smit's background in customer service, sales, and operations; Career history of Smit.
- Charter chief gets $2.4 mil for first year. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/16/2005, Vol. 390 Issue 25, p4
This article reports that Neil Smit who recently joined Charter Communications Inc. will earn at least $2.4 million in salary and bonuses in his first year as president and chief executive officer of the troubled cable television provider controlled by billionaire Paul Alien. According to a...
- Charter Seeks to Soothe Investors. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/27/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p43
Reports on the conference call conducted by Charter Communications Inc. CEO Neil Smit, to assure investors on the financial performance of the company. Drop in the company's stock in March 2006; Participants in the conference call; Views of Smit on the impact of AT&T-BellSouth union on Charter.
- AOL Chief Named Charter CEO. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/15/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 33, p27
Reports on the appointment of former AOL executive Neil Smit as president and CEO of Charter Communications effective August 22, 2005. Career background; Information on his predecessor at Charter; Overview of Smit's previous delegation at Time Warner's America Online Access business.
- COMCAST NAMES NEIL SMIT CEO OF CABLE OPERATIONS. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;12/12/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 50, p6
The article announces the appointment of Neil Smit as chief executive officer (CEO) of Comcast Corp. cable operations in the U.S. in December 2011.
- Smit adds CEO stripes. // Daily Variety;12/8/2011, Vol. 313 Issue 47, p2
The article reports on the appointment of Comcast Cable Communications Inc.'s president Neil Smit as the chief executive officer (CEO) the company.
- Smit: Charter's Got Keller Instincts. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/8/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p46
The article reports that Charter Communications Inc. launched a telephone service in Keller, Texas. CEO Neil Smit is hoping that the company will survive the threat of telephone company competition for video services. Charter has gained a net 112,800 high-speed Internet customers. Smit said that...
- Charter Numbers:. // CableFAX Daily;8/9/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 153, p2
The article reports on the strong revenue of cable company Charter for the second quarter of 2006. The company's revenue has increased 8.7 percent to $1.43 billion. It subscription loss is only 37.8K compared to 41.7K in 2005. It has added nearly 24k digital subscription and 53K data. Neil Smit,...
- New-Look Charter May Deal. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/25/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p3
The article reports that chief executive officer (CEO) of Charter Communications Inc. Neil Smit might probably join the cable operations in Comcast Corp. in the U.S. However, Smit is still reluctant to join Comcast on March 1, 2010 due to the 21 billion dollars debt of Charter. According to...