Comcast Fuels Hope At Indie Networks
- Comcast gets into PPV-event. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;02/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p24
Provides updates related to pay-per-view (PPV) programming. Plans of Comcast Corp. Original Programming division to produce PPV concerts and events; Goal of Comcast Corp. to generate revenue and promote In Demand brand; Agreement of TVKO with cable and direct-broadcast satellite distributors...
- Basic launch for Philadelphia sports channel. Petrozzello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;09/15/97, Vol. 127 Issue 38, p81
Focuses on Comcast/Spectator's decision to launch its regional sports channel SportsNet for Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-area subscribers as a basic cable network. Reason for the move; Reaction by some cable operators to the move; Features of the SportsNet channel; Comment by Andrew Walton,...
- Comcast's 105 wideband tier in front of 40M homes. // CED;May/Jun2011, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the launch of DOCSIS 3.0-based Extreme 105 tier by Comcast Corp. in April 2011 in the U.S.
- Comcast to start new minority-owned cable channels. // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;2/29/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p4
The article presents information on the launch four new minority-owned cable channels in forthcoming two years by cable operator and home Internet service provider Comcast.
- Bashing Comcast:. // CableFAX Daily;4/21/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 78, p2
Reports on the complaints of a group of Muslims against the excessive pricing of Comcast. Role of Bridges TV on the issue concerning the excessive pricing of Comcast; Remarks from Islamic House of Wisdom chairman Mohammad Bazzi regarding the issue.
- Comcast Adds a Family Tier. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;1/2/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p20
The article reports on a family-tier television programming of Comcast Corp. in the U.S. as of January 2, 2006. Discovery Channel and Nickelodeon Games & Sports are included among the cable networks in the family tier. One of the characteristics of the selected networks is limited live...
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- Who wants to be the new Mr ITV? Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);3/30/2000, p17
Focuses on Great Britain-based ITV's search for a chief executive officer. Candidates considered for the position; Problems that should be addressed immediately by the executive to be hired.
- ITV to target FTSE 100 bosses in hunt for CEO. Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);11/23/2000, p1
Reports on changes in the job description of chief executives of the ITV cable television network. Company's targeting of the chief executives of the FTSE 100 companies.