- Coalition: State AGs should probe merger. Nagesh, Gautham // Hill;8/5/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 94, p11
The article reports on the claim of the Coalition for Competition in Media that the proposed merger of NBC Universal Inc. and Comcast Corp. would create a media monopoly that poses a threat to consumers in the U.S.
- Comcast, NBCU to Merge Net Affiliate Units in New Jersey. GIBBONS, KENT // Multichannel News;2/7/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p4
The article reports on the planned consolidation of Comcast Corp. and National Broadcasting Co. Universal Inc. (NBCU) programming networks in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey.
- H'wood buzz centers on Comcast, NBC U. Littleton, Cynthia; Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;10/1/2009, Vol. 304 Issue 63, p2
The article reports on the rumored acquisition of NBC Universal Inc. by Comcast Corp. in the U.S. It states that Comcast has denied rumors that a deal had been reached. It notes that there are evidences which show that some discussions are taking place between the companies, but the intentions...
- Comcast fined over ISP plan. // Daily Variety;6/28/2012, Vol. 315 Issue 62, p1
The article reports on the decison by Comcast Corp. to pay 800,000 dollars to settle a U.S. Federal Communications Commission's (FCC's) investigation into the compliance of the condition for its merger with NBCUniversal.
- Virginia Is for (News) Lovers. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;1/20/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 3, p19
The article explores the news program battle among broadcasters in Virginia's Hampton Roads region. Topics discussed include the focus of the NBC affiliate WAVY on its breaking news and weather reporting, the success seen by ABC affiliate WVEC and WTKR in November 2013 and the revenue share...
- Funds Rotate Out of Comcast, News. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;2/22/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p20
The article reports on the financial performance of cable television networks with regards to their mutual funds in the U.S. It mentions that the mutual fund in Comcast Corp. had rotated out for one month due to its pursuit of NBC Universal Inc. It states that Time Warner Cable Inc. have been...
- H'wood premium webs cry a tier. Goyoaga, Beatriz // Variety;05/18/98, Vol. 371 Issue 2, p42
Provides information on the joint plans of Hollywood networks to introduce cable tiering in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Effect of the consolidation plans on cable networks; Tiered package offered by Galaxy Latin America; Plans of MSO Multicanal marketing manager, Carlos Gimenez to launch premium...
- Pay-TV marketing may get new focus. Shoebridge, Neil // BRW;08/11/97, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p73
Opinion. Discusses the proposed merger of Australis Media and Foxtel, and its impact upon their rival in the Australian pay-television industry, Optus Vision. Potential for serious marketing support for pay-TV; Introduction of pay-TV to Australia; Number of homes subscribed; Details of...
- Peacock revels in U.K.'s Carnival. Clark, Steve // Daily Variety;8/21/2008, Vol. 300 Issue 34, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of NBC Universal Inc. to a drama specialist Carnival Corp. which includes "Hotel Babylon" for British television production. Jeff Zucker, NBC prexy-CEO, says that the acquisition will start to boost the television programs in Great Britain. Angela Bromstad,...