Balkan Traffic Cops
- Peacekeeping in Kosovo: US wants to shift burden. Brown, Justin // Christian Science Monitor;2/10/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 55, p4
Reports on the United States Pentagon's efforts to relieve some of the pressure on US peacekeepers in Kosovo, and place some of the burden on Europe.
- Lessons for Combined Rules of Engagement. Spence, Mike // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Oct2000, Vol. 126 Issue 10, p56
Focuses on the impact of changes in international military structures on military rules of engagement. Merging of role of warrior with that of the peacekeeper; Drafting of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization's first attempt at comprehensive joint, standing rules of engagement; Contrasting of...
- NATO must plan now for peacekeepers' future. Gordon, Philip H. // Christian Science Monitor;2/1/96, Vol. 88 Issue 46, p19
Opinion. Discusses the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) peacekeeping forces in Bosnia and the circumstances under which the force will leave Bosnia. Main withdrawal alternatives that can be considered.
- Remembering Allied Force. // Airman;Jun2000, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p42
Presents the reflections of United States Air Force's bluesuiters on Operation Allied Force, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization's effort against Yugoslav President Milosevic's forces. Contribution of the Air Force to Allied Force; Performance statistics cited.
- Troops going to Bosnia face `no drags.' // Airman;Aug98, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p16
Announces the change in policy for the processing of airmen deployed with the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) peacekeeping mission in Bosnia. Center in charge of processing the airmen.
- Paving a Pathway. Roberts, Chuck // Airman;Dec2003, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p36
Reports on the role of a U.S. Air Force team in assisting their North Atlantic Treaty Organization counterparts. Historic event in the air force; Discussion of the correct usage of the polish hangar; Significance of the aircraft transition. INSETS: Bridging the gap;PCS to Poland?.
- New ABCCC tactics used in NATO air strikes. Wall, Robert // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/26/1999, Vol. 150 Issue 17, p32
Focuses on the important role played by the United States Air Force's EC-130 Airborne Battlefield Command, Control and Communications (ABCCC) aircraft in organizing the air strikes launched by the North Atlantic Treaty Organization against enemy targets in Kosovo, Serbia. Critical role played...
- Building the NATO AGS. Nitschek, Stefan // Military Technology;2006, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p113
The article reports on the status of the NATO Airborne Ground Surveillance (AGS) program. The Transatlantic Industrial Partnership for Surveillance (TIPS) consortium is working on the program after it won the bid on April 22, 2004. The TIPS mixed fleet of manned and unmanned systems will provide...
- 'This is the best thing I've ever done.'. Bashford, Suzy // PRWeek (London);5/2/2008, p22
The article focuses on British Royal Air Force (RAF) 7644 Squadron, which is a squadron of volunteers whose role is to provide media operations support for RAF and North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) forces. It indicates that most of the members are either public relations officers (PROs)...