Just an Average Joe
- KOREA. Dohrmann, Glenn F.; Radnitzer, Kenneth; McCamish, C. Bruce; Kelly, Carol A. // Officer;Oct2001, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p38
Presents the accounts of United States Army Reserve soldiers who served during the Korean War from 1950 to 1953. Weapons instructions at KMAG Headquarters in Taegu in December 1951; Loss of contact with company; Number of missions logged in 92 days in P-51D Mustang fighter.
- Return to Korea. Alexander, Bevin // Army Magazine;Mar2001, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p41
Reports on the developments in South Korea after the Korean War. Experiences of the author during the war; Importance of American military intervention on South Korea; Comments of the author on unification.
- From Glory To Disaster And Back. Villahermosa, Gilberto // Army Magazine;Sep2001, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p81
Focuses on the performance of the United States Army's Hispanic 65th Infantry Regiment and the status of the United States Army during the Korean War. Importance of non-commissioned officers; Impact of integration on combat readiness and battlefield successes; Major failures at Outpost Kelly...
- Answering the Call Again: The Army Reserve in Korea. Pullen, Randy // Army Reserve Magazine;Winter2000, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p20
Recalls the participation of the United States Army Reserve in the Korean War.
- Two Hundred Twenty Six Years: Answering the Nation's Call. Nelson, Harold W. // Army Magazine;Jun2001, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p14
Reflects on the history of the United States Army as it celebrates its 226th birthday on June 14, 2001. Establishment of the Continental Regiments in 1775 with George Washington as the general officer in command; US Army participation in the Korean War in the 1950s; Number of US soldiers in the...
- CINC COMMENTS. // Officer Review Magazine;Dec2007, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p2
The article offers an overview of the December 2007 issue of the magazine "Review Officer." The issue is dedicated to the Korean war. As representative of the Military Order of the World Wars (MOWW), the author encourages the members Companions and chapters to become involved in community...
- MacArthur's War (Book Review). Chisholm, Donald // Naval War College Review;Winter2001, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p167
Reviews the book 'MacArthur's War: Korea and the Undoing of an American Hero,' by Stanley Weintraub.
- Uncle Joe's betrayal. Lawrence, S.V. // U.S. News & World Report;6/25/90, Vol. 108 Issue 25, p44
Summarizes a series of explosive new Chinese books (restricted-circulation histories) that are exposing the schisms at the top and the reasons for China's intervention in the Korean war. Beginning of chronic divisions among China's new communist leaders; Many of Mao's most distinguished generals...
- Eighth army ordeal in Korea. Walker, Ansil L. // Military History;Dec98, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p34
Offers a look at the ordeal of the United States Army troops of the United Nations Eighth Army within the Communist North Korea on November 23, 1950. Description of the feast the troops were having on that day; Contact of the Eighth Army patrols with enemy groups; Intentions of the Chinese...