Escaping the Wolf's Byte
- education news in brief. Peckham, Susanne // Education Digest;Jan2008, Vol. 73 Issue 5, p75
The article reports on the educational guidelines established in public schools of Virginia concerning Internet safety as a component of curriculum. The importance of including computer safety in children's lives is stressed and several examples of the guidelines and suggestions for parents and...
- Blog Safety. // School Library Journal;Oct2006 Supplement, Vol. 52, p54
The article reviews the contents of the website www.blogsafety.com from TechParenting Group.
- Congress Passes Internet Child-Protection Measures. Flagg, Gordon // American Libraries;Nov98, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p16
Reveals that the United States Congress passed the Child Online Protection Act that is designed to protect children from online indecency and privacy incursions. What the act requires; Opponents of the legislation; What the House version of the bill requires.
- Protecting Children's Privacy Online. Montgomery, Kathryn C. // Human Rights;Mar2013, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p6
The article focuses on an issue concerning the protection of children's privacy in the internet in the U.S. It notes that the business model of one-to-one marketing established a perfect storm for marketers who wanted to use the internet in reaching young people. It highlights the move of a...
- A case of Cyberstalking. Radcliff, Deborah // Network World;05/29/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p56
Focuses on cyberstalking in the United States. Ways in which cyberstalkers harass Internet users; Challenges in prosecuting cyberstalking cases; Methods of tracking cyberstalkers.
- April National Child Abuse Month. // East Bernard Express (TX);4/14/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 15, p10
The article discusses the services, organizations, and programs for the child abuse prevention month in Texas.
- Smart strategies for safe kids. Legwold, Gary // Better Homes & Gardens;Aug96, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p52
Presents safety guidelines in preventing crime committed against children. Teaching of when to say no; Explanation of the risk factors of sexual and violent assaults; Emphasis on teaching children to resist unwanted attention and gestures.
- Munday PD has new tool to help keen children safe. // Munday Courier (TX);7/1/2009, Vol. 36 Issue 30, p1
The article reports on the move of the Munday Police Department in Texas to acquire a Search Child Print Kit to help fight crimes against children.
- Missing children. Laliberte, Richard // Redbook;Feb98, Vol. 190 Issue 4, p76
Discusses child abductions in the United States. Odds of abduction; Basic principles on what to say to the children to protect them; Abduction statistics according to US Federal Bureau of Investigation's National Crime Information Center.