- Domperidone. // Reactions Weekly;6/22/2013, Issue 1458, p20
The article describes the case of a 19-year-old woman who developed hyperprolactinaemia and galactorrhoea while receiving domperidone for vomiting.
- Verapamil-Induced Hyperprolactinemia and Galactorrhea. Gluskin, Lawrence F.; Strassberg, Boris; Shah, Jayendra H. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jul81, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p66
Presents a study that discussed the occurrence of galactorrhea and hyperprolactinemia during verapamil therapy in a young woman. Therapeutic benefits and common side effects of verapamil; Case report of the woman; Effect of verapamil on transmembrane calcium fluxes.
- Amenorrhoea, galactorrhoea, and hyperprolactinaemia induced by methyldopa. Arze, R.S.; Ramos, J.M.; Rashid, H.U.; Kerr, D.N.S. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);7/18/1981, Vol. 283 Issue 6285, p194
Presents case studies on amenorrhea, galactorrhea, and hyperprolactinemia induced by methyldopa. Side effects of methyldopa; Relation between hyperprolactinemia, amenorrhea, and administration of methyldopa; Estimation of the serum prolactin concentrations.
- Risperidone. // Reactions Weekly;7/28/2012, Issue 1412, p41
The article describes the case of a 29-year-old man with schizophrenia who developed hyperprolactinaemia during treatment with risperidone.
- Hyperprolactinaemia with amisulpride. Raj, Rajnish; Sidhu, Balwant Singh // Indian Journal of Psychiatry;2008, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p54
Amisulpride, a substituted benzamide derivative, is a second-generation antipsychotic that preferentially binds to D2/D3 receptors in limbic rather than striatal structures. High dosage preferentially antagonizes postsynaptic receptors, resulting in reduced dopamine transmission; and low dosage...
- Primary hypothyroidism presenting as amenorrhoea and galactorrhoea with hyperprolactinaemia and pituitary enlargement. Heyburn, P.J.; Gibby, O.M.; Hourihan, M.; Hall, R.; Scanlon, M.F. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);6/21/1986, Vol. 292 Issue 6536, p1660
Investigates the primary hypothyroidism in patients with the amenorrhea and galactorrhea syndrome. Cause of hyperprolactinemia; Association of adenomas secreting thyroid stimulating hormone with primary thyroid failure; Use of thyroxine in the resolution of symptoms.
- Risperidone. // Reactions Weekly;7/15/2006, Issue 1110, p15
The article presents medical cases on the involvement of risperidone in symptoms of ejaculatory disturbance, galactorrhea and amenorrhoea. Reason for the refusal of mediction after haloperidol depot therapy. Medical condition of a woman with psychosis receiving risperidone and developed...
- Quetiapine/risperidone. // Reactions Weekly;7/20/2013, Issue 1462, p28
The article presents a case study about the development of hyperprolactinaemia in a 53-year-old man after receiving risperidone and quetiapine.
- Risperidone/zuclopenthixol. // Reactions Weekly;12/11/2010, Issue 1331, p28
The article describes the clinical cases of five women, diagnosed with schizophrenic exacerbations, who developed symptomatic hyperprolactinaemia while under zuclopenthixol or risperidone treatment regimen.