- Amenorrhoea, galactorrhoea, and hyperprolactinaemia induced by methyldopa. Arze, R.S.; Ramos, J.M.; Rashid, H.U.; Kerr, D.N.S. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);7/18/1981, Vol. 283 Issue 6285, p194
Presents case studies on amenorrhea, galactorrhea, and hyperprolactinemia induced by methyldopa. Side effects of methyldopa; Relation between hyperprolactinemia, amenorrhea, and administration of methyldopa; Estimation of the serum prolactin concentrations.
- Verapamil-Induced Hyperprolactinemia and Galactorrhea. Gluskin, Lawrence F.; Strassberg, Boris; Shah, Jayendra H. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jul81, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p66
Presents a study that discussed the occurrence of galactorrhea and hyperprolactinemia during verapamil therapy in a young woman. Therapeutic benefits and common side effects of verapamil; Case report of the woman; Effect of verapamil on transmembrane calcium fluxes.
- Bupropion. // Reactions Weekly;May2015, Vol. 1549 Issue 1, p56
The article presents a case study of a 34-year-old woman with galactorrhoea and hyperprolactinaemia after administration of the drug bupropion.
- Risperidone. // Reactions Weekly;7/28/2012, Issue 1412, p41
The article describes the case of a 29-year-old man with schizophrenia who developed hyperprolactinaemia during treatment with risperidone.
- Primary hypothyroidism presenting as amenorrhoea and galactorrhoea with hyperprolactinaemia and pituitary enlargement. Heyburn, P.J.; Gibby, O.M.; Hourihan, M.; Hall, R.; Scanlon, M.F. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);6/21/1986, Vol. 292 Issue 6536, p1660
Investigates the primary hypothyroidism in patients with the amenorrhea and galactorrhea syndrome. Cause of hyperprolactinemia; Association of adenomas secreting thyroid stimulating hormone with primary thyroid failure; Use of thyroxine in the resolution of symptoms.
- Risperidone. // Reactions Weekly;10/9/2010, Issue 1322, p26
The article describes the case of a woman in her 20s who developed hyperprolactinaemia while undergoing treatment with risperidone.
- Risperidone. // Reactions Weekly;1/12/2013, Issue 1434, p55
The article describes the case of a 39-year-old woman who received risperidone but she developed hyperprolactinaemia and iopathic granulomatous mastitis during treatment.
- Risperidone/zuclopenthixol. // Reactions Weekly;12/11/2010, Issue 1331, p28
The article describes the clinical cases of five women, diagnosed with schizophrenic exacerbations, who developed symptomatic hyperprolactinaemia while under zuclopenthixol or risperidone treatment regimen.
- Antipsychotics and high prolactin. // WHO Drug Information;2001, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p81
Reports that the New Zealand Medicines and Medical Devices Safety Authority has recommended reducing the dosage, or changing to an atypical antipsychotic agent, when patients receiving typical antipsychotics or risperidone experience symptomatic hyperprolactinemia. Circumstances wherein...