MunicipalTrade Lines Up $2.5M More of Venture Capital
- GizMoz Grabs $6.5M, AOL Deal. Sadighi, Lalee // Red Herring;3/17/2008, p4
The article reports on an announcement by GizMoz, a Menlo Park, California-based startup that enables users to create lifelike three-dimensional (3-D) avatars, that it closed a $6.5 million second round of funding and forged a deal to deliver its 3-D characters to the AIM users of AOL. The...
- Mu Security bags $4 M in first round. // Siliconindia;Mar2006, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p13
The article focuses on Mu Security's raising of four million dollars in fresh capital from Accel Partners and Benchmark Capital. Mu Security was co-founded by Ajit Sancheti and Kowsik Guruswamy. The company develops new product category for analyzing the security readiness of any Internet...
- Vivox Raises $6.8 Million in Series C Round of Funding. // Siliconindia;Mar2010, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p11
The article focuses on the 6.8 million dollars received by Vivox Inc. in series C round of funding and the growth of its usage rate in the first 45 days of 2011. It says that IDG Ventures along with the participation of Benchmark Capital, Caanan Partners, and GrandBanks Capital Inc. have led the...
- Tux has the bucks. Shankar, Pradeep // Siliconindia;Aug2003, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p28
Discusses the investment made by Benchmark Capital with My SQL, a developer of open source database. Focus areas of the investments; Stability of the open source platform; Business opportunities in open source space.
- Billserv Sees New Life After Deal . Wade, Will // American Banker;5/22/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 98, p12
San Antonio, Texas-based Billserv Inc. announced on May 20, 2003 that it had agreed to sell most of its assets to CyberStarts Inc. for $4.8 million.The cash influx will allow the electronic billing provider to refocus its remaining operations and pay off debts as it attempts to move from bill...
- Toys 'R' Us Has Another Go at E-tailing. Goldblatt, Dan // Business News New Jersey;05/03/99, Vol. 12 Issue 18, p10
Reports on toy retailer Toys `R' US Inc.'s launch of strategies to enhance its electronic commerce capabilities. Relocation of the company's electronic commerce division to Silicon Valley; Purchase of a distribution center from Proteam.com; Partnership with Bechmark Capital, a venture capital...
- The big payoff. // Inter@ctive Week;04/26/99, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p78
Reports on EBay founder Pierre Omidyar's withdrawal of an earlier plan to list his company on the Nasdaq exchange. EBay's receipt of a capital infusion from Benchmark Capital, an early backer of the company; Prospects for EBay's planned initial public offering.
- SEEKING THE KILLER APP. // U.S. Banker;Jul2000, Vol. 110 Issue 7, p22
Features the United States-based online banking venture, Juniper Financial Corp. Investment from venture capital Benchmark Capital; Marketing strategies of the management team; Design of the firm's web site.
- When the Money Goes Down the Drain. Stross, Randall E. // Fortune;4/17/2000, Vol. 141 Issue 8, p535
Presents an excerpt of Randall E. Stross' book ' eBoys: The First Inside Account of Venture Capitalists at Work,' which focuses on David Beirne, a partner in the venture capital firm Benchmark Capital.