Soccer Team Owners Have Goals, Want a Place to Put Them
- RECENT STADIUMS BUILT FOR MLS TEAMS. // Crain's Detroit Business;10/21/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 43, p0023
The article offers information on professional soccer-specific stadiums that were built for Major League Soccer (MLS) teams including the BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston, Texas, PPL Park in Chester, Pennsylvania, and Red Bull Arena in Harrison, New Jersey.
- MLS Is Desperately Seeking Stadiums. Stone, David // Soccer Digest;Oct/Nov2001, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p10
Reports the expansion franchise of Major League Soccer. Plan of Metrostars operators to construct a soccer-specific stadium; Renovation of Soldier Field stadium; Construction of a modular stadium by Chicago Fire.
- Lamar's hunt is over: The Crew have a new home. Stone, David // Soccer Digest;Aug/Sep98, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p10
Discusses major deals closed in Major League Soccer in the United States, as of August 1998. Approval of Columbus Crew's stadium deal by the Ohio Expositions Commission; Marketing deal signed by the US Soccer Federation with IMG and Nike; Creation of the Premiere Soccer Alliance by three former...
- Built to last. // Soccer Digest;Jul99, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p13
Reports on the Columbus Crew soccer team's unveiling of the first soccer-specific stadium for Major League Soccer (MLS) play in Columbus, Ohio. Seating capacity; Atmosphere; Games to be hosted by the stadium.
- TEN WAYS TO IMPROVE MLS. Lewis, Michael // Soccer Digest;Aug/Sep2002, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p20
Recommends changes for the improvement of Major League Soccer in the U.S. Factors to consider in the addition and replacement of soccer team managers; Importance of constructing stadiums for the teams; Recruitment of a young announcer.
- FIELD OF PLAY. PAYNTER, BEN // Fast Company;Mar2012, Issue 163, p54
The article provides a diagram of Livestrong Sporting Park, a soccer stadium used by the Major League Soccer (MLS) club Sporting Kansas City, and provides information on the technology used there including Sporting Explore mobile device applications, a Jumbotron which displays posts from the...
- Three's an MLS charm -- at least on the field. Plagenhoef, Scott // Soccer Digest;Aug/Sep98, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p6
Comments on Major League Soccer's (MLS) success in its third season. Significance of its Columbus, Ohio stadium deal; Implications of the United States Soccer Federation (USSF)-IMG relationship; Outlook for the League's third season; Parity issues concerning the league; Emergence of some...
- MLS finds its footing. POTKEWITZ, HILARY // Crain's New York Business;1/28/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p13
The article discusses the success of the Major League Soccer (MLS). The MLS will establish its first franchise in the five New York City boroughs and a 300 million U.S. dollars stadium in Queens which would be home to its 20th team. Warsaw Sports Marketing Center managing director Paul Swangard...
- U.S. Soccer Reboots. Saporito, Bill // Time International (South Pacific Edition);5/29/2006, Issue 21, p54
The article presents information on the fund raising activities of Major League Soccer (MLS). In the past 18 months, the league has attracted close to $1 billion in outside investment from new franchises, new team owners, public stadium funding and sponsorship money. The second big piece of...