Senate Adds $525M in Charter School Grants to Bill
- Charter school bill wins approval. Carson, Stephanie Carroll // Charlotte Post;7/11/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 44, p1A
The article reports that a legislative bill that will allow charter schools to and an additional grade per year in North Carolina has passed the state Senate as of July 11, 2013.
- EDITORIAL. Combs, F. Michael // Tennessee Musician;Summer2009, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p16
The author discusses SB 2133, the legislation approved by the U.S. Senate Education Committee. The author suggests that this legislation which strengthens public charter school law in Tennessee addresses four provisions in the current charter school law which are eligibility, caps, renewal...
- Mass. Governor Vetoes Charter School Moratorium. Gehring, John // Education Week;7/14/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p28
Governor Mitt Romney of Massachusetts has vetoed a legislative effort to impose a moratorium on opening new charter schools in the state. The June 25 veto from the Republican governor came after U.S. House and U.S. Senate lawmakers approved a one-year moratorium on the independently operated...
- Senators Form Caucus On Charter Schools. Robelen, Eric W. // Education Week;3/14/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p24
The article reports the March 2007 announcement of the U.S. Senate Public Charter Schools Caucus, which aims to inform legislators and the public about charter schools and their role in educational improvement. Louisiana Senator Mary Landrieu and Tennessee Senator Lamar Alexander say the...
- Signs pointing toward another huge Senate cycle. Blake, Aaron; Rushing, J. Taylor // Hill;1/14/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on the growing number of vacant positions in the U.S. Senate in January 2009.
- Congressional Committees: Senate Standing Committees. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p88
No abstract available.
- Senate, House Armed Services panels at odds over spending priorities. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/24/1989, Vol. 131 Issue 4, p28
Discusses the Senate Armed Services Committee's decision to side with the Bush Administration on the B-2 stealth bomber and stop funding for the F-14D fighter. The House Armed Services Committee recommended just the opposite. Anticipated budget battles; Other Senate Committee action.
- Briefing boycott. K.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/20/95, Vol. 125 Issue 8, p81
No abstract available.
- Bicentennial Note. // Congressional Digest;Jun/Jul89, Vol. 68 Issue 6/7, p161
Gives excerpts from the `United States Senate' by the Committee on Rules and Administration, which serve to illustrate highlights of the historical role of the Senate operating within the Constitutionally mandated system of shared powers, and checks and balances.