Until the Smoke Clears
- NY bill proposes mandatory lien securitizations. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/29/99, Vol. 65 Issue 13, p5
Focuses on a legislative bill in New York state proposing the use of lien asset securitization packages. Benefits of small municipalities from the proposed securitization bill; Concerns over the predicted problems of the securitization.
- State legislative review. // Secured Lender;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p88
Presents the bills introduced in state legislatures affecting Commercial Finance Association members and the asset-based financial services industry. Includes the amendment of a Uniform Commercial Code section in Massachusetts; Limits of environmental liability for secured parties in New York;...
- Legislation. // Secured Lender;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 52 Issue 2, CFA 1995 Annual Report p6
Looks at the status of legislative bills affecting asset-based financial services industry and the Commercial Finance Association (CFA) in the US Congress. Republican Congressional leaders work at lender liability clause of CERCLA or Superfund; Status of banking reform legislation.
- Japanese government plans real estate sale. R.D. // Asset Securitization Report;3/20/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p23
The article reports that the government of Japan has submitted a reform bill to the country's legislative body requesting approval to securitize state-owned real estate assets located in Tokyo, Japan. The ratio of government assets will be halve by the initiative. The funds will be used to...
- A New Direction for French Securitization Framework. N. C. // Asset Securitization Report;7/7/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 27, p18
The article discusses the amendment on the French securitization framework. Accordingly, Societe Generale SA analysts reveals that the new structure provides a wide range of opportunities and flexibilities on asset sales as well as authorizes the transfer of assets under foreign regulations....
- More lenient bankruptcy law could grow the subprime universe. Colomer, Nora // Asset Securitization Report;5/3/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 18, p23
Focuses on the apprehension caused by the Enterprise Bill regarding personal bankruptcy rules in Great Britain. Impact of the bill on the asset-backed securitization market; Reduction of the cultural stigma associated with bankruptcy; Creation of more incentives for entrepreneurship.
- TAIWAN: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia Monitor;Feb2009, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p8
The article presents an overview of the political and economic risks for Taiwan. It discusses risks of the Chinese authorities' plans to extend financial assistance to companies operating in the mainland. It also mentions the increase of its unemployment rate, which reached 4.64% in November...
- District Banks May Miss Opportunity. // National Mortgage News;4/18/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p41
Reports on the possibility for The Federal Home Loan Bank (FHLBank) System and its members to miss an incredible opportunity if the U.S. Congress passes a GSE regulatory reform bill that does not allow the banks to securitize mortgages, according to president Martin Heger in Washington....
- Germany true-sale legislation expands. Colomer-Gaffney, Nora // Asset Securitization Report;7/18/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 25, p19
Reports on the approval of the true-sale legislation in Germany. Possibility of the true sale of certified mortgages securitization; Amendment of the German law for the further promotion of true sale securitizations; Requirement for parties involved in a securitization to perfect the transfer of...