Wagner Latest To Exit Lifetime
- News bytes. // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Jul2001, Issue 319, p7
Reports developments related to broadcasting industry as of July 2001. Acquisition of Static entertainment company by OPENTV; Purchase of Calrec Audio's 60 channel T-Series by MTV Europe; Orders of three Solid State Logic digital console by China Central Television.
- Speedvision accelerates expansion plan. // Dealernews;Jun98, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p14
Focuses on Fox/Liberty Network's acquisition of a one-third ownership of motorsports broadcasting network Speedvision TV. Firm's dominance of several programming categories in the United States; Addition of Outdoor Life Networks.
- PEACOCK: PARLEZ-VOUS U High stakes for combined TV operations. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;9/3/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the merger of NBC and Vivendi Universal SA's entertainment properties. Addition of powerhouses like USA Network and Sci Fi; Benefit from Peacock's marketing; Franchise of the 'Law and Order.'
- WB, UPN will tie one on. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;1/25/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 18, p1
The article reports on the merger of WB company and UPN company into a new web called the CB Television Network in the U.S. The merger will unite the shows from both networks. The merger was influenced by the major players in the television business, including CBS Corp., Warner Bros....
- Is glass half-empty or half-full? Adalian, Josef; Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;1/25/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 18, p18
The article comments on the issues regarding the merger of UPN company and WB company's television networks in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California. A top agent describes the changes as a short-term discomfort. According to Paul Haas, Endeavor partner, the merger is creating a better asset for...
- EXODUS ON AS TMC SWITCHES GEARS. Zecchinelli, Cecilia // Daily Variety;9/20/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 14, p7
Reports the resignation of TeleMonteCarlo (TMC) network employees in Milan, Italy. Announcement of the resignation of web director Robert Giovalli and head of news Gad Lerner; Renaming of the web to La7; Relaunch of the network as a youth-skewed channel.
- THE URGE TO MERGE. Nelson, Jim // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;May2006, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p36
The article focuses on the consolidation of television networks WB Network and UPN in the U.S. The companies merged instead of breaking up as what has been heard about. Both television networks are known for their outstanding television programs like "Gilmore Girls" for WB Network. The...
- HARDTV CHANGES HANDS. Martell, Allison // Xtra (Toronto);3/25/2010, Issue 663, p12
The article reports on the acquisition of a gay-pornographic digital channel called HardTV by Pink Triangle Press (PTP) in cooperation with Peace Point Entertainment Group in Toronto, Ontario in 2010.
- Edgy drama pilots on A&E radar. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;8/22/2007, Vol. 296 Issue 37, p5
The article reports on the move of Arts and Entertainment Network to join the basic-cable trend to commission hard-edged scripted hours, signing off on a pair of cast-contingent pilots in the U.S. One series titled "The Beast" will deal with a brutally tough Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)...