- TBS hits ratings homer. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;10/31/2007, Vol. 297 Issue 23, p4
The article reports that TBS posted a 123% increase in prime time total viewers in October 2007. This month was the first that TBS carried nine baseball-playoff games. With 3.1 million average viewers, TBS beat ESPN and Disney Channel. The three highest-rated shows for the week were ESPN's...
- Baseball Starts Off Hot in Ratings. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;5/28/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 22, p6
The article reports on high ratings for Major League Baseball television broadcasts as of May 2007 according to network executives in the U.S. ESPN has averaged a 1.5 rating on major league telecasts for 17 telecasts through May 22. Fox Sports Net's owned-and-operated regional sports networks'...
- England match gives ITV 61% share. Murphy, Claire // Marketing (00253650);6/15/2000, p3
Reports on findings by Zenith Media on the market share of British network ITV during the England versus Portugal Euro 2000 football game on June 12, 2000. Market share; Number of viewers of games through ITV and British Broadcasting Corp.
- Olympics Seeking Viewership Record. Krukowski, Andrew // Television Week;8/25/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p3
The article reports that the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, China are on pace to become the most viewed event in television history, garnering 206 million viewers in 13 days. According to the article, that is only 3 million viewers behind the reigning holder, the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta,...
- Viewers tune in for NASCAR season finale. // North Texas Automotive Report;Jan2012, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p12
The article reports that the television program "Chase for the Sprint Cup" finale picked up and earned 4.0 viewers rating on ESPN for the November 20, 2011 automobile racing in Homestead, Florida.
- Ratings Decline. // AutoWeek;6/15/2009, Vol. 59 Issue 12, p65
The article presents information on the television broadcasting of automobile racing in the U.S. Fox TV's 13 Sprint Cup telecasts in 2009 drew an average 5.1 rating, down by 11 percent from the same period last year. The 5.1 average was the worst in NASCAR's nine years on Fox. TNT began its...
- Preakness has NBC in winner's circle. Kissel, Rick // Daily Variety;5/18/2009, Vol. 303 Issue 30, p4
The article reports on the strong ratings generated by NBC Television Network for its coverage of the "Preakness Stakes" in the U.S. The network's sports division garnered a 7.9/18 overnight household rating of the broadcast of the program where Rachel Alexandra became the first filly in 85...
- TV cash provides safety net for sports. // Daily Variety;7/11/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 7, p2
The article discusses the parallels between sports and entertainment and the impact of the surge in television (TV) money from networks on the broadcasting of sports.
- Hockey Heats Up. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;4/26/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p8
The article examines television broadcasting of games of the National Hockey League (NHL). Both ratings for broadcasts and advertising revenues for NHL games have increased for the league's broadcasters the NBC Television Network and the cable television network Versus. The possibility of a...