The Food and Drug Administration Amendments Act of 2007: Drug safety and health-system pharmacy implications
- Common approved and off-label uses of selected medications. // Consumer Reports on Health;Aug93, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p91
Lists the commonly approved and off-label uses of selected medications. Drug name; Brand name; Food and Drug Administration- (FDA) approved uses; Off-label uses.
- FDA seeks to expand product information. Wechsler, Jill // Managed Healthcare;Nov97, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p12
Discusses initiatives developed by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to increase approved uses of medications and to make it easier for health care professionals to obtain information on products that might affect patient populations. Expansion of pediatric dosing information on drug...
- FDA launches nationwide campaign on women and medication. Sweeney, Rosemarie; Rose, Verna L. // American Family Physician;5/1/1998, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p2047
Focuses on a nationwide campaign launched by the United States (US) Food and Drug Administration (FDA), to educate women on the importance of the proper use of medicines. Information on the work of the FDA Office of Women's Health; What the campaign will include.
- FDA approvals. // Geriatrics;Apr94, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p19
Presents drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and their recommended dosage. Includes Budesonide inhaler for rhinitis; Salmeterol bronchodilator for asthma; Nonsteroid anti-flammatory diclofenac sodium for athritis; Nizadine for benign gastric ulcer.
- Post-market inadequacies assailed. Dickinson, James G. // Medical Marketing & Media;Jul98, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p31
Reports on the need for improvement of the United States Food and Drug Administration post-market drug surveillance. Criticism of the agency's statistics; Views of scholars on the matter; Factors which were influential in increased the public's interest in the matter.
- Useful OTC drug labels. // People's Medical Society Newsletter;Aug97, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on the use of over-the-counter (OTC) medications. Availability of the OTC drug products; Purpose of OTC drug labeling rules proposed by United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA); FDA ruling on public comments involving the proposal.
- FDA requires Accutane Med Guide. // Medical Marketing & Media;Mar2001, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p34
Focuses on the approval of Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on a consumer medication Guide for Accutane, a recalcitrant acne drug in the U.S. Provision of information about the risks associated with drug use; Lists of symptoms for mental disorders; Presentation of the guide in FDA Web site.
- When drugs or medical devices are recalled. Kritz, Francesca L.; Mark, Erika Reider // Good Housekeeping;Jun94, Vol. 218 Issue 6, p189
Discusses recall of drugs and medical devices. Example of Copley Pharmaceutical Inc.'s recall of albuterol; Procedures on recall; Role of Food and Drug Administration (FDA); FDA rules for manufacturers of medical devices; Advice to patients; FDA contact telephone numbers.
- Actos and bladder cancer risk. Elliot, William T. // Infectious Disease Alert;Aug2011 Pharmacology Watch, p2
The article reports that the diabetes drug pioglitazone (Actos) has been the subject of a warning from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regarding possible bladder cancer risk associated with the use of the drug.