Activities of Memphis-area hospitals to meet National Patient Safety Goals for warfarin therapy
- Ensuring consistent time-out in a system. // OR Manager;Jul2006, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p10
Provides information on the systemwide procedure implemented by the UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester, Massachusetts for its time-out process for surgical site verification. Diverse understandings of health practitioners about the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare...
- NEW CENTER TO TACKLE PATIENT SAFETY BREAKDOWNS. Adrian, Nicole // Quality Progress;Oct2009, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p13
The article reports on the launch of the Center for Transforming Healthcare by the nonprofit organization Joint Commission in the U.S. It says that the center aims to tackle the problems faced by the healthcare system in the country. It notes that the first initiative of the center, which will...
- Infractions trimmed from 95 to 1, but hospital faces accreditation loss. Morrissey, John // Modern Healthcare;5/16/94, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p3
Announces the deadline for Hedrick Medical Center's appeal for accreditation. Violations discovered by hospital administrator Richard Conklin; Conditional accreditation imposed by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
- Horton Medical Center receives accreditation from joint group. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/25/96, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p8
Reports that Middletown, New York-based Horton Medical Center has received accreditation from the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. Evaluation of the laboratory's performance; Joint Commission's goal of improving the quality of the nation's healthcare.
- Interdisciplinary, functional approach to quality review. Skarzynski, Joseph J.; Gropper, Elise I. // Physician Executive;Jul1995, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p34
Reports on the initiatives taken by Elmhurst Hospital Center in New York as a response to the challenge given by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. Formation of a multi-disciplinary performance improvement team; Inventory of quality management efforts; Example of...
- Spot survey confirms Horton hospital's quality care policy. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/23/98-11/30/98, Vol. 9 Issue 15, p22
Reports that Horton Medical Center in Middletown, New York, practices quality care policy on an ongoing basis, according to a survey by the United States Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. How the survey was conducted; Comments from Jeffrey D. Hirsch, administrator...
- Rural Colo. hospital at odds with JCAHO. Morrissey, John // Modern Healthcare;9/26/94, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p8
Reports that life-safety deficiencies is threatening the accreditation of Prowers Medical Center in Lamar, Colorado. Survey by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO); Problems on preparation in case of fires; Hospitals' dependence on local fire department to...
- NPSG compliance problems hospitals face now; where do you stack up? // Hospital Peer Review;Mar2009, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p1
The article reports that the Joint Commission has put a one-year moratorium on its National Patient Safety Goals (NPSG), as it reviews current goals with input from the field.
- TJC joins partnership for patients. // Hospital Peer Review;May2011, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p57
The article reports that the Joint Commission has joined the Partnership for Patients initiative in the U.S. in 2011, noting that the initiative is designed to make hospitals safer by reducing harm and readmissions.