Treatment persistence in and cost of therapy for patients with chronic hepatitis C: Peginterferon alfa-2a plus ribavirin versus peginterferon alfa-2b plus ribavirin
- Update on the Treatment of Patients With Nonâ€“Genotype 1 Hepatitis C Virus Infection. Mangia, Alessandra; Mottola, Leonardo; Piazzolla, Valeria // Clinical Infectious Diseases;May2013, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p1294
We focus on the treatment of hepatitis C virus genotypes 2 and 3 with coverage of clinical trials on short-duration treatment course, use of weight-based ribavirin, impact of cirrhosis on treatment decisions, and retreatment of patients with previous treatment failure.Current treatment for...
- Efficacy of chronic hepatitis C therapy with pegylated interferon and ribavirin in patients on methadone maintenance treatment. Neukam, K.; Mira, J.; Gilabert, I.; Claro, E.; Vázquez, M.; Cifuentes, C.; García-Rey, S.; Merchante, N.; Almeida, C.; Macías, J.; Pineda, J. // European Journal of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases;Jun2012, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p1225
A considerable number of patients undergoing methadone maintenance treatment (MMT) are not considered for treatment against hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection due to a possible lower adherence and efficacy in this population. We aimed to compare the response rates to HCV treatment in patients...
- Peginterferon-Î±-2a/ribavirin. // Reactions Weekly;10/1/2011, Issue 1371, p30
The article describes the case of a 53-year-old man who developed bronchial cast expectoration while being treated with peginterferon-&alpha-2a and ribavirin for chronic hepatitis C.
- Peginterferon-Î±-2b/ribavirin. // Reactions Weekly;10/20/2012, Issue 1424, p40
The article describes the case of a 62-year-old man who developed branch retinal artery occlusion (BRAO) and central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO) during treatment with peginterferon-Î±-2b and ribavirin for chronic hepatitis C infection.
- Filgrastim/peginterferon-Î±-2a/ribavirin. // Reactions Weekly;1/29/2011, Issue 1336, p22
The article describes the case report of a 54-year-old female patient with chronic hepatitis C, and who developed severe recurrent neutropenia, thrombocytopenia and agranulocytosis during long-term therapy with SC peginterferon-Î±-2a combined with ribavirin.
- Peginterferon/ribavirin. // Reactions Weekly;11/13/2010, Issue 1327, p30
The article describes the case of depression and fatigue in two men while receiving treatment with peginterferon and ribavirin for chronic hepatitis C.
- CORRECTIONS. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;11/13/2013, Vol. 310 Issue 18, p1987
A correction to the article "Sofosbuvir and Ribavirin for Hepatitis C Genotype 1 in Patients With Unfavorable Treatment Characteristics: A Randomized Clinical Trial" in the Augst 28, 2013 issue is presented.
- Interferon-Î±-2b/ribavirin. // Reactions Weekly;1/8/2011, Issue 1333, p25
The article describes the case of a 30-year-old man who developed Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada (VKH) diseases during treatment with interferon-Î±-2b and ribavirin for a chronic hepatitis C virus infection.
- Peginterferon-Î±-2b/ribavirin. // Reactions Weekly;6/23/2012, Issue 1407, p34
The article describes the case of a 44-year-old woman who developed hyperpigmentation of the tongue while receiving treatment with peginterferon-Î±-2b and ribavirin for hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection.