VA inaugurates national pharmacy awards program
- DISABILITIES: VA Plans to Change Rx Billing Rules. // Community Health Funding Week;7/10/2009, p25
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to amend billing rules of prescription drugs. It proposes to change its medical rules concerning reasonable charges for medical care or services provided or furnished by the agency to veterans with non-service-connected...
- VA maps plan for single U.S. formulary. // Drug Topics;6/2/97, Vol. 141 Issue 11, p7
Focuses on the US Department of Veterans' plan to use a national drug formulary on June 1, 1997.
- Setting record straight on VA pharmacy system. // Drug Formulary Review;Mar2007, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p21
The article evaluates the pharmacy system records of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). VA chief pharmacy officer Michael Valentino explains some misconceptions on the organization's pharmacy system. He discusses one misconception which the VA formulary covers just one-third of the...
- Access to Affordable Medications: The Department of Veterans Affairs Pharmacy Plan as a National Model. Good, Chester B.; Valentino, Michael // American Journal of Public Health;Dec2007, Vol. 97 Issue 12, p2129
The authors discuss the Pharmacy Benefits Management Strategic Healthcare Group of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and feel that the plan provides a generous drug benefit at low cost. They address certain criticisms of the plan, such as its evidence-based formulary process. The...
- DOD and VA Pharmacy: Progress and Remaining Challenges in Jointly Buying and Mailing Out Drugs: GAO-01-588. // GAO Reports;5/25/2001, p1
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and the Department of Defense (DOD) have made important progress, particularly during the past year, in their efforts to jointly procure drugs to help control spiraling prescription drug costs. Although their collaborative efforts have been impressive, the...
- Notices: DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;12/20/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 245, p75499
The article presents two notices from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The VA has issued a notification of intent to conduct a computer matching program for personnel records of the Department of Defense (DOD) with VA records under the Montgomery GI Bill and Post-9/11 GI Bill. The VA has...
- Inside the Beltway. // Modern Healthcare;08/14/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p28
Presents news briefs related to medical services in the United States (U.S.) as of August 14, 2000. Congressional report on the drug purchasing programs of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affair and the U.S. Defense Department; Information on the annual report of State Medicaid Fraud Control...
- VA eliminates the variables using software to train its employees. J.A. // AHA News;1/27/97, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p4
Reports that the United States Department of Veterans Affairs use a training tool called `Primary Care Management Module' allowing employees to learn at their own pace. Goal to increase employee productivity.
- VA moves ahead in alcoholism treatment and research. // Aging;1990, Issue 361, p51
Examines how the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) hospitals are treating alcohol-dependent veterans. What the programs consist of; Eligibility for treatment; Current projects underway.