CDC webcast addresses liability protection for stockpile recipients
- Novel combinations for treating metastatic breast cancer: Improving the odds. Schwartz, Joanna; Wong, Serena T. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;12/2/2009, Issue S6, pS1
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the author discusses an article on current drug combination therapies for the treatment of metastatic breast cancer by Joanna Schwartz and one on research examining investigational combination therapies for the treatment of metastatic breast...
- FDA Committee: More Restrictions Needed on Hydrocodone Combination Products. Kuehn, Bridget M. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;3/6/2013, Vol. 309 Issue 9, p862
The article informs that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) advisory committee has recommended tightening regulations on medications containing hydrocodone combination products. It mentions that the recommendation came owing to growing concern about abuse of prescription painkillers. It...
- The CDC's Strategic National Stockpile. Sowinski, Lara L. // World Trade: WT100;Aug2010, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p50
The article offers information on the Strategic National Stockpile (SNS) of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a federal agency under the U.S. Department of Health based near Atlanta, Georgia.
- Secret Resource. Steen, Margaret // Emergency Management;Fall2016, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p38
The article focuses on the Strategic National Stockpile consisting of warehouses that stock medicines. It talks about the availability of medicines during biological, radiological and nuclear events as stated by director Greg Burel of the Division of Strategic National Stockpile at Centers for...
- Manufacturers argue against mandatory training for opioid prescribers. Traynor, Kate // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;1/15/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p96
The article reports that manufacturers of opioid medications have requested U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to adopt a careful method for changing prescription practices as the agency develops a risk evaluation and mitigation strategy (REMS) for some of these medications. According to...
- Cessation shelf is smokin'. // Drug Store News;1/10/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p46
The article reports on the programs initiated by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Food and Drug Administration.
- Handwashing Versus Alcohol-Based Gels---FDA Information. // Journal of Environmental Health;Sep2003, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p40
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) are working together to control the transmission of pathogens that can result in foodborne illnesses. Transmission of pathogenic bacteria, viruses, and parasites from raw food or from ill workers...
- FDA, CDC award jobs worth up to $540m. Dickson, Virgil // PRWeek (U.S. Edition);Nov2012, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p7
The article discusses the Food and Drug Administration of the U.S. and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that has received 540 million dollars as a multi-year anti-smoking marketing contract.
- Pfizer promotes Zithromax for childhood ear infections, flouting CDC guidelines. // Medical Marketing & Media;Nov99, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p27
Reports on the efforts of Pfizer Inc. to promote Zithromax to patients and physicians in the United States. Recommendation of the antibiotic by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; Zithromax's Food and Drug Administration-approved indication for pediatric acute otitis media; Emphasis...