Three advanced oxidation processes for the treatment of the wastewater from acrylonitrile production
- Plating Wastewater Reuse - An Innovative System Design. Boland, Michael; Cartwright, Peter S. // WaterWorld;Mar2008 Supplement, Vol. 24, p27
The article presents an innovative system design that involves testing and integration of adsorption, microfiltration (MF) and reverse osmosis technologies to produce a wastewater reuse system in Minneapolis, Minnesota. As part of the testing process, a membrane test unit from Cartwright...
- Dealing with sewage at Fort McMurray. // Canadian Consulting Engineer;Jun/Jul2008, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p9
The article focuses on the construction of the wastewater treatment plant at Fort McMurray near Alberta. The facility will replace the existing aerated sewage lagoons with a tertiary process plant. Its project manager notes that defining the population forecasts for the growing city is...
- Industrial waste as fertilizer: What's wrong? What's right? Goldstein, Jerome // BioCycle;Aug97, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p63
Relates how industrial companies disposed hazardous waste by turning it into fertilizers. United States regulation on fertilizers; Analysis of all materials registered as fertilizers; Testing of fertilizer products; Estimated level of nutrients and toxicity of the waste material. INSET: Base...
- Developing an industrial waste management facility design. Becker, Robert // Plant Engineering;1/9/95, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p56
Discusses the development of an industrial waste management facility. Importance of careful planning and design; Waste management facilities' four-fold approach to waste disposal; Function areas; Waste collection and transfer; Facility layout; Incineration system; Procurement options.
- West Plains company buys big vacant parcel. Parish, Linn // Journal of Business (10756124);02/22/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 5, pA3
Reports the acquisition of land by the Northwest Industrial Services LLC, an Airway Heights industrial-waste recycling company in Spokane, Washington. Description of the acquired land; Plans of the company for the vacant land; Partners of Northwest in the business.
- Decentralizing wastewater treatment. Venhuizen, David // American City & County;Sep98, Vol. 113 Issue 10, p37
Focuses on centralized wastewater management in the United States, with emphasis on the use of conventional systems, and decentralized concepts. Basis of decentralized concepts; Disadvantages of centralized management systems; Opposition to the concept of decentralized management; Comments from...
- New approach for data evaluation of industrial wastewater treatment plant: methodology and case study for a coke and steel-processing plant. Drakides, Christian; Lay-Son, Meiling // Water Science & Technology;2009, Vol. 60 Issue 12, p2897
Environmental monitoring of biological wastewater treatment plants (BWWTP) treating industrial effluents produces large amount of data. Frequent sampling is done in the influent and effluent but also in intermediate points. Samples are analyzed for classical and specific contaminants and...
- Adsorption characteristics of residual oil on amphiphilic chitosan derivative. Gang Zheng Sun; Xi Guang Chen; Jing Zhang; Chao Feng; Xiao Jie Cheng // Water Science & Technology;2010, Vol. 61 Issue 9, p2363
In this study, a novel chitosan-based polymeric surfactant, H-Oleoyl-Carboxymethyl chitosan was used as a coagulation agent for cleaning residual oil. The characteristics of H-Oleoyl-Carboxymethyl chitosan were investigated by FTIR and XRD. And the adsorption capacities of chitosan and H-O-CMCS...
- SBR Systems Stand Up to Flooding Rains. // WaterWorld;Sep2003, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p22
Introduces ABJ ICEAS SBR technology that has been used by Junction and Strodes Mill wastewater facilities in Mifflin County, Pennsylvania since early 1990's. Reason for its consistent consistent usage; Minor alterations made to the technology over the years; Usability of the product.