Growing Your Business: One Step at a Time
- Marketing: Your Sixth Man. Ball, Lorraine // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/22/2010, Vol. 239 Issue 12, p23
The article focuses on marketing which is characterized as the sixth man in business management. When business owners are considering an investment to improve the productivity of employees, it is suggested to focus first on business objectives. However, business owners are advised to have a...
- Goal Setting 101. Duris, Rick // Frontline Solutions;Jul2003, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p42
Discusses the effectivity of implementing goal-setting strategy to improve project work. Relevance of clarifying every goal; Significance of specifying goals; Requirement of clarity and communication.
- Start drafting your New Year's resolutions. Palmer, Rosemary // Money Management;11/15/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p18
The article provides the author's perspectives regarding the success of financial planning firms for 2008. She states that it is important for all businesses to think about what they have done in the past and whether it can be change to improve its marketing status for the future. She further...
- Compliance tip of the week: Draw up your own client agreements. Samuel, Adam // Money Marketing (Online Edition);9/4/2014, p25
The article provides some tips for financial planning firms on the advantage of drafting own procedures and client agreements.
- Cold Call Champions. GOOD, BILL // Research;Dec2012, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p53
The article offers the author's insights on some of his chosen cold calling scripts. He says that the cold walk script which was considered as the overall approach. He relates that the company employee script is seen to be a success, having a list of company staff. He suggests that in the last...
- 2014 Best Practices. Vavra, Bob // Plant Engineering;Dec2014, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p39
The article discusses the difference between football and manufacturing wherein there is no goal line in manufacturing but there is progress toward productivity, safety, maintenance and efficiency of the industry.
- How to Build a Niche Practice. Grote, Jim // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2010, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p24
The article discusses the application of niche practice, a focus on a particular client such as baby boomers or expectant parents, in financial planning as a strategy for economic growth. The pros and cons of niche practice are presented which include its ability to create deeper understanding...
- The Art of Building Relationships. Goyer, Anne // Industrial Paint & Powder;Sep2003, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p14
Shares an author's view on the art of establishing rapport among industry colleagues towards building better business and personal relationships inside and outside the coatings industry in the U.S. Influences brought about by the steadfast development of information technology in the business...
- Don't be afraid to sack mad and bad clients. LIVERSIDGE, NEIL // Money Marketing;8/21/2014, Issue 1450, p29
The article argues that financial services companies should not be afraid of leaving bad clients. Topics covered include the author's experience of dealing with demanding clients as well as the importance of owning business to be able to select clients. Also mentioned are liabilities associated...