Outsourcing Investment Management
- AUDITOR'S CLIENT ACCEPTANCE AND CONTINUANCE DECISIONS: A RESEARCH NOTE. Drira, Mohamed // Global Conference on Business & Finance Proceedings;2013, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p512
This paper investigates the theoretical perspectives used in the extant auditing literature to study client acceptance and continuance decisions (CACD). Firstly, the paper identifies and discusses the single client approach. Secondly, the audit firm portfolio management perspective is introduced...
- How Planners Practice... // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep2009, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p11
The article offers information on the 2009 Survey of Trends in the Financial Planning Industry report by the College for Financial Planning in the U.S. It notes that more than half of advisers enjoy their compensation. It also found out that 36% of adviser clients are given with complete written...
- Product News. // Money Management;9/30/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p25
This article presents information on developments in financial planning. Boutique funds management firm JM Asset Management (JMAM) has been added to the Australian equities panel of Asgard's Separately Managed Accounts platform. The investment team at JMAM was founded in 1991 by Julian Mitchell...
- The Irrational Adviser. Horwitz, Michael B. // Financial Planning;May2004, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p85
Recognizes the irrational beliefs of financial advisers in the financial planning practice. Vulnerability of advisers to self-doubts; Problem with the belief of advisers to gain approval from all clients; Competence of advisers.
- Reminders Help Client Relations. Ziss, Jonathan S. // Pennsylvania CPA Journal;Fall2007, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p18
The article discusses the importance of effective communication between certified public accountants (CPAs) and their clients. The value of implementing an engagement letter which clearly defines expectations, payment and the client's role in the relationship is stressed. It is noted that...
- AUDIT FIRMS OFFER ADVICE ON NEW CLIENTS. // Accounting Today;12/13/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p16
The article reports on the need to ask the right questions when accepting or continuing a relationship with audit clients to establish a quality relationship.
- Speaking Canadian. Carlino, Bill // Accounting Today;1/30/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p6
The article reflects on a report from the Canadian Public Accountability Board that it has more work to do in order to improve audit quality. It compares the state of the U.S. and Canadian accounting sectors. It argues that the inspected firms must improve in compliance with policies and...
- School for financial planning sees an influx of students from banks. DuBay, Keith // American Banker;11/18/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 221, p15
Reports on the surge in application from banker at the College of Financial Planning in Denver, Colorado. Degree and certificate programs offered; Benefits to the banks from the education and training provided by the school; Push into investment products by national banks.
- NAIFA and CFFP Create New LUTCF Program. // Advisor Today;May/Jun2014, Vol. 109 Issue 3, p45
A description of the Life Underwriter Training Council Fellow (LUTCF) program being offered at the U.S. College for Financial Planning (CFFP) is presented.