- Numbers. // Multichannel News;5/18/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p28
The article presents statistics on the number of homes which are not yet prepared for digital television (DTV) transition in the U.S.
- Numbers. // Multichannel News;6/15/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 24, p30
The article presents statistics on the poll conducted by the National Association of Broadcasters regarding the 1.75 million households in the U.S. who are unprepared for the digital television (DTV) transition.
- Clicks. // Television Week;5/12/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p6
The article presents statistics related to the U.S. television industry including the number of media and entertainment executives who expect digital advertising revenue to surpass traditional ad revenue in the next five years, the percentage of ad revenue executives derive from digital content...
- Untitled. // Appliance Design;Jun2009, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p5
Charts are presented showing statistics on shipments and forecasts for major home appliances for 2008 including digital television, microware ovens and room air conditioners.
- FIGURATIVELY SPEAKING. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);3/3/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p30
The article presents statistics on a variety of topics in the U.S. including the percentage of citizens who said might sign a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement if their spouse or partner asked them to, the estimated number of new digital TVs that households are expected to buy in 2008 and the...
- The Planning of Guaranteed Targeted Display Advertising. Turner, John // Operations Research;Jan2012, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p18
As targeted advertising becomes prevalent in a wide variety of media vehicles, planning models become increasingly important to ad networks that need to match ads to appropriate audience segments, provide a high quality of service (meet advertisers' goals), and ensure that ad serving...
- Brit households embracing digital TV. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;12/21/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 61, p8
The article reports the results of a research which indicates that nearly three quarters of households in Great Britain watch digitally on their television sets, which highlights the popularity of digital television. Media regulator, Ofcom claimed that the digital television audience increased...
- Digital satellite system TV--What's it all about? Smith, Doug // All Hands;Sep95, Issue 941, p34
Focuses on the features of the digital satellite system television. Brief history of the system; DirecTV's emphasis on traditional cable channels; USSB's concentration on providing movie channels; Kinds of channel offered by the two companies; Limitations of the system; Cost of having a digital...
- The digital TV movement: Can this revolution stall? Marks, Alexandra // Christian Science Monitor;7/9/98, Vol. 90 Issue 157, p3
Looks at digital television broadcasting in the United States in 1998. Conflict concerning the so-called must carry strategy, which will force cable broadcasters to transmit digital signals; Government mandates which are aimed at increasing digital acceptance; Technical issues to be resolved;...