YES, BUT DOES IT SCALE?
- Managing the network. Soenens, Steven // Image Technology;Nov2005, Vol. 87 Issue 6, p36
The article discusses the key benefits of network management systems according to Steven Soenens, product and marketing manager of Scientific-Atlanta Europe. Soenens claim that network management systems are prevalent now due to increased uptake of digital and interactive services in Europe. He...
- Digital winners and losers. Reid, Alasdair // Campaign;09/25/98, Issue 39, European Media p4
Focuses on the advent of digital television on pan-European television stations, including Music Television (MTV) and Eurosport. Concerns of international broadcasters; Reference to the advent of satellite television; Information on Superchannel, which was the leader in British broadcasting;...
- No more embarrassment as ITV finally enters the digital world. Snoddy, Raymond // Marketing (00253650);11/22/2001, p20
Comments on the entry of ITV into the digital satellite in Great Britain. Cost to be prepared for the development of digital services; Retail price of the free-to-air package; Plans to increase the number of subscribers.
- Just do it. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/31/94, Vol. 124 Issue 44, p70
Editorial. Comments on the entry of digital television via DBS. Impact of talks about the high-definition television on broadcasters; Difficulties encountered with the set-top box; Extra channel as a way to digital for broadcasters.
- Cable nets do digital. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/01/97, Vol. 127 Issue 49, p6
Presents information on the unveiling of digital cable networks by Music Television Networks (MTVN) and Lifetime Television, two cable television networks. Details on MTVN's two music networks; Information on a seven-pack of video services called `The Suite'; Comments from Geraldine Laybourne,...
- Advertisers advised to prepare for widescreen. // Marketing Week;6/25/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p12
Reports that advertisers are being warned that campaigns must be shot to fit widescreen digital television, by ITV company. What could possibly happen if campaigns are not shot to fit these televisions; When ITV is expected to start broadcasting in both analogue and digital formats; Comments by...
- Puppy Love. Kuchinskas, Susan // Brandweek;03/15/99, Vol. 40 Issue 11, Interactive Quarterly p4
Reports on the launch of the Internet/television media, thepuppychannel.com. What The Puppy Channel will offer; People behind the concept.
- Tru2way sells out. // CED;Dec2008, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p21
The article focuses on the development in the tru2way technology for interactive digital cable services delivered over the cable video network in the U.S. It mentions the launch of tru2way technology at The Cable Show and the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) Cable-Tec Expo in...
- Intelligent Bandwidth Management. Washington, Kerry; Tyre, Jeff // Communications Technology;
The article focuses on the need for cable operators to maximize utilization efficiencies of their bandwidths. Partial or fully switched delivery architectures, that rely on digital stimulcast and switched digital videos, can help operators realize their cost benefits. It states that earlier...