Pushing VOD to the Edge
- DVRs and VOD in Symbiosis. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;9/20/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p18
Reports on video-on-demand (VOD) and digital video recorder (DVR) services of cable operators in the U.S. Use of VOD service in homes with and without DVR; Claims of Time Warner and Comcast according to a June 2004 report from television research firm Lyra Research; Views of Steve Hoffenberg,...
- This Just In. // Multichannel News;9/13/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p4
Presents news related to cable television in the U.S. as of September 13, 2004. Plan of Comcast Corp. and the NFL Network to launch a video-on-demand (VOD) component; Decision of VOD service provider Kasenna Inc. to release its network-based line of digital video recorder product; Postponement...
- Satellite Isn't Stellar in VOD. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;10/9/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p19
The article reports that digital technology that lets viewers watch network programming when they want may hurt satellite television providers in their competition with cable operators. Comcast, the biggest cable operator, boasts of billions of views of its free video-on-demand content. The two...
- Puttin' on the Hits. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 46, p8
Focuses on the decision of cable television operators to include top-rating programs in their video-on-demand (VOD) services in the U.S. Factors that affect the interest of cable operators to include hit shows in their VOD offerings; Background on the deals entered into by Comcast and DirectTV;...
- Rentrak Develops VOD-Report Roster. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;10/10/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p26
Reports on the move of Rentrak Corp. to offer cable programmers access to video-on-demand content in the U.S. in 2005. Overview of cable networks that have enlisted in the service; Information published by Comcast Corp. for its on-demand programs; Features of the Rentrak reports.
- Comcast and Scripps Team In Local VOD Content Test. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);4/21/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p11
Reports on the partnership between cable operators Comcast and Scripp Networks in an aim to test local video-on-demand content in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania as of April 2003. Factor which prompted the partnership; Shows that will be featured through the Philadelphia On Demand initiative; Launch...
- Comcast Free On Demand Programming. // Multichannel News;12/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p22
Lists the free on-demand video television programming offered by cable operator Comcast Corp. for December 2004.
- Taking Measure of VOD. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;3/7/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p21
Focuses on a service to be offered by cable company Comcast Corp. which supplies programmers and advertisers with video-on-demand (VOD) usage reports. Importance of the reports to cable operators; Number of VOD titles in the library of Comcast; Involvement of Comcast with Rentrak Corp. in...
- QUICK HITS. // Multichannel News;12/19/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 53, p22
The article presents updates on the cable programming of Comcast Corp. "CN8 Presents: Celebrate '06," a live comedy and music programming will be presented by Comcast Network. The Oxygen video-on-demand service from Comcast Corp. is now available to digital television consumers.