- India's rise to the Moon. Menon, Subhadra // Nature;10/16/2008, Vol. 455 Issue 7215, p874
An essay is presented on the space exploration programme of the government of India. It traces the foundations of the space programme of the country from the efforts of Indian physicist Vikram Ambalal Sarabhai in 1947 in which he founded the Physical Research Laboratory (PRL) in Ahmedabad. It...
- Space researchers were not spying, says India's Supreme Court. Jayaraman, K.S. // Nature;5/7/1998, Vol. 393 Issue 6680, p6
Reports the 1998 decision of the Indian Supreme Court which exonerated two leading space scientists working for the Indian Space Research Organization. The criticism of the government for trying to reopen the investigation after it had been closed by a central government agency; Scientists...
- Capsule Recovery. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/29/2007, Vol. 166 Issue 5, p45
The article reports that scientists from the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) will analyze two different sets of samples from space following the January 22, 2007 retrieval by India's navy and coast guard of the Space-capsule Recovery Experiment (SRE-1) from the Bay of Bengal. The...
- India bags two International Academy of Astronautics Awards 2008. Rajput, Abhay S. D. // Current Science (00113891);12/10/2008, Vol. 95 Issue 11, p1516
The article announces that two teams from the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) have received the Team Achievement Award for the year 2008 and the book "Touching Lives" has won the Luigi Napolitano Book Award from the International Academy of Astronautics (IAA).
- Indian Space Center seeks capability. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/26/1986, Vol. 124 Issue 21, p97
Indian Space Research Organization's Satellite Center (ISAC) is moving rapidly to design, fabricate, test and qualify large, high-capacity satellites with a variety of orbit capabilities. A major funding increase has occurred in the past 5 years and the Satellite Center's new building opened in...
- ISRO dedicates new control centre. // Spaceflight;Mar2012, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p90
The article presents information on the opening of the new Mission Control Centre and Launch Control Centre of the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) in India.
- Orbit-Raising Operation Successful in Mars Mission. // India -- West;11/22/2013, Vol. 39 Issue 1, pA42
The article informs that the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has successfully completed the fourth orbit-raising operation on planet Mars on November 12, 2013 in Chennai, India.
- Mission to Mars at half-way mark. // Eastern Eye;4/18/2014, Issue 1247, p21
The article presents views of officials of the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) on the first mission of India to Mars planet which crossed half way on April 9, 2014.
- Landmark photographs from Mars: 'The view is nice up here'. // Eastern Eye;10/3/2014, Issue 1271, p8
The article reports on the photograph of the planet Mars taken from Mangalyaan sent by the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO).