Underlying Premises of Modern Retirement Theory
- Small managers have big impact on retirement fund. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/22/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p9
The article focuses on the 129.4 billion dollars New York State Common Retirement Fund.
- The Great Recession Creates a New Retirement Reality. Buttell, Amy E. // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec2009 Retirement, p10
The article focuses on the impact of financial crisis on retirement in the U.S. It notes that decreasing home values, economic uncertainty and lower retirement plan values urged the wealthy to be more cautious on spending and be more disciplined in paying their debt. Survey shows that many...
- Modern Retirement Theory: Reaching Client Goals in Every Market. Branning, Jason K.; Grubbs, M. Ray // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec2009 Retirement, p14
The article offers information about Modern Retirement Theory (MRT) which provides an individual and conceptually sustainable retirement model in the U.S. It notes that MRT covers balance-sheet asset management, utilization strategies and preservation at the individual client level. It uses a...
- Plotting a Withdrawal Strategy. Hannon, Kerry // U.S. News & World Report;11/3/2008, Vol. 145 Issue 10, p57
The article offers information regarding the effects of the 2008 U.S. financial crisis on the withdrawal and use of U.S. retirement funds before retirement. Suggested strategies for weathering the crisis include not withdrawing more than 6% per year from one's retirement fund, balancing one's...
- A cup of coffee adds up. // Australian Nursing & Midwifery Journal;Mar2014, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p9
The article reports on efforts that the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) and its assistant commissioner, Megan Young, are making to encourage female employees to take an active role in their retirement accounts or superannuation accounts with the use of its five step online super check....
- Retirement Q&A. Stanley, Chip // South Carolina Nurse;Oct-Dec2015, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p4
The article presents answers to questions on retirement including planning for retirement and retirement saving.
- DANGEROUS PASSAGE. Fried, Carla // Money;Oct2008, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p82
The article examines how the ten years before a person leaves the work force, combined with the five years after leaving, is the most crucial period in determining the financial aspects of their retirement. The author presents scenarios that could potentially alter the amount of money an...
- How to adjust financial planning during retirement. Blau, Joel M.; Paprocki, Ronald J. // Urology Times;Jan2011, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p34
The article presents questions and answers related to financial planning during retirement including on the need of changes in investment portfolio after retirement and about the risk/return differences among the major types of taxable bonds.
- Last minute AVCs. Ahern, Ivan // World of Irish Nursing & Midwifery;May2015, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p65
No abstract available.