Long-Term Approaches to Managing Retirement Healthcare Costs
- Boomer Clients' Biggest Fear. Corbin, Kenneth // Financial-planning.com;9/12/2014, p6
The article discusses a survey conducted by financial services company Merrill Lynch and research firm Age Wave on issues involving retirement planning for Americans 50 years and older, or the Boomers. Topics covered include the impact of health care costs on retirees, the role of financial...
- Two San Diego County Officials Propose Eliminating Benefits for Some Retirees. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/4/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32520, p48
The article reports on the announcement of a proposal regarding the elimination of medical benefits for many retirees in San Diego County, California. The proposal is expected to highlight the high cost of the benefit levels by eliminating the insurance benefit of employees who are receiving...
- Financial Planners Building Senior-Specific Services. Schoonmaker, Daniel // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/14/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 11, pB6
Provides information on the health insurance services provided by Grand Rapids, Michigan financial planners to seniors in their field. Implications of possible changes in healthcare premium structures for seniors; Preparations being made by certified public accountant Ella Weymon, who has...
- Paying for Health Care. Andrus, Danielle // Investment Advisor;Mar2014, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p26
The article focuses on the large cost of health-related expenses that retirees will spend in 2013, according to the annual retiree health care cost survey by financial services firm Fidelity Investment. Larry Sinsimer of Fidelity Investment states that the health care costs for retirees are...
- EMPLOYERS. Montague, Jim; Pitman, Hilarie // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;2/20/96, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p17
Reveals that 51 percent of 489 large companies have considered making changes to their retiree medical benefit programs. Modification of cost-sharing provisions; Caps on company contributions.
- Retiree Health Plan Funding Stagnates. Leonard, Bill // HR Magazine;Dec1998, Vol. 43 Issue 13, p34
Reports on the funding of retiree health benefit plans by American companies. Percentage of companies with health benefits to retirees; Comparison to funding of pension plans.
- Keeping Retiree Health Benefits Afloat. Overman, Stephenie // HR Magazine;Dec1998, Vol. 43 Issue 13, p114
Focuses on the funding of retiree health benefits in the United States. Percentage of companies with retiree health benefits; Strategies of companies to cope with rising health care costs; Reasons of companies for offering retiree health coverage; Changes in retiree health coverage.
- Calculating the Costs of Healthcare in Retirement. // Bank Investment Consultant;Feb2012, Vol. 20 Issue 2, pA1
The article discusses on management of healthcare costs in retirement. According to a report by Insured Retirement Institute (IRI), security will not be able to help the increasing medical expenses for retirees. Dan McGrath of HealthView Services (HVS), says that advisors should make their...
- THE NEED FOR RETIREMENT PLANNING AS AN EMPLOYEE BENEFIT. Tacchino, Kenn Beam // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Jul2001, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p10
Financial advisers are crucial for retirement planning in the United States. According to a study, 90% of human resource and financial managers believed that employees are ill-prepared to make their own retirement decisions. They also felt that their employees needed financial advice regarding...