MYANMAR: RISK SUMMARY
- The Maritime Boundary Dispute between Bangladesh and Myanmar: Motivations, Potential Solutions, and Implications. Bissinger, Jared // Asia Policy;Jul2010, Issue 10, p103
The article examines the maritime boundary dispute between Bangladesh and Myanmar. Topics discussed include the attempt to delimit the maritime boundary between the two countries, the prospects for newly accessible gas in the overlapping claims, and the increased demand for natural gas by the...
- FOREIGN RELATIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Burma;Jun2007, p6
The article discusses the foreign affairs of Burma. Relations with Thailand have been tainted by a long history of border conflicts and narcotics trafficking. Thailand serves as a refuge for Burmese citizens who escaped from political oppression. China is reportedly Burma's major supplier of...
- An Open Letter to Aung San Suu Kyi. bin Uzayr, Sufyan // Foreign Policy in Focus;4/14/2014, p1
The article presents an open letter to Burmese politician Aung San Suu Kyi. Topics discussed include the meeting between Suu Kyi and Bangladeshi Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina during the third Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) in March 2014,...
- U.S.-BURMESE RELATIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Burma;Jun2007, p7
The article discusses the foreign relation of Burma with the U.S. The U.S. government has imposed broad sanctions against Burma due to the suppression of democratic movements by the military government. The U.S. prohibits U.S. companies from investing in Burma and designates the country as...
- Foreign Relations. // Myanmar Country Review;2001/2002, p20
Reports on developments concerning Myanmar's foreign relations as of July 2001. Foreign policy; Military takeover in 1962 and 1988; Border and fishing disputes with Thailand; Foreign relations with the United States.
- ARMENIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia & CIS;Nov2010, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p8
The article offers information on various issues related to the risk summary in Armenia including the increase of the conflict between the ethnic Americans and Azerbaijan, increase of the price inflation, and the launching of the 4G network in the country.
- FOREIGN RELATIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Burma;7/28/2010, p7
The article presents information on the foreign relations of Burma. Burma expanded its regional relations in 1988, achieving memberships to the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and the Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC), among...
- Hostile Friend. Nayyar, Dhiraj; Aji, Sowmya; Tare, Kiran; Vij-Aurora, Bhavna; Deka, Kaushik; Jolly, Asit; Misra, Ashish // India Today;6/11/2012, p29
The article focuses on the remarks of Indian Minister of State for Home Jitendra Singh regarding the foreign relations of Myanmar, which he called a hostile country that funds anti-India campaigns.
- Foreign Relations. // Bangladesh Country Review;2009, p51
The article offers information on foreign relations of Bangladesh citing the 1974 agreement of Pakistan and Bangladesh for repatriation of Pakistani prisoners of war and several other individuals who were caught on the wrong sides of the border in the 1971 conflict.