POLAND: RISK SUMMARY
- Automated flow at Dutch tank terminal. // Process Engineering;May/Jun2012, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p26
The article reports on the Botlek Tank Terminal (BTT) recently opened at Rotterdam, the Netherlands. It is noted that Polimex-Mostostal SA started the construction of the 70-million dollars first phase of the terminal that began in April 2010 and was completed within budget. It is mentioned that...
- BUSINESS NEWS. // Construction Europe;Feb2013, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p5
The article offers news briefs related to construction industry in Europe including the deal of Industrial Development Agency (IDA) of Poland to buy up 33% in beleaguered Polimex-Mostostal, the personnel changes at Balfour Beatty, and the profit increase at Taylor Wimpey.
- THE WORLD AT RISK. // Fortune International (Europe);11/26/2007, Vol. 156 Issue 10, p15
The article discusses locations where events could have an impact on business risk. The government was negotiating a financial transaction tax in Brazil. A commission recommended renegotiation of mining contracts in the Democratic Republic of Congo. A pro-free market government was elected in...
- Contractor rescue. // International Construction;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p7
The article reports on the agreement entered by the Industrial Development Agency (IDA) to buy up to 33% in beleaguered contractor Polimex-Mostostal SA as part of a deal intended to avoid bankruptcy in Poland.
- Polish Democracy: Dreams and Reality. Szacki, Jerzy; Warman, Jerzy B. // Social Research;Winter91, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p711
Discusses the iconographic transformations that accompanied Poland's transition to democracy. Teleology of change; Utopia of civic society; Myth of unity; Conflict between reality and the society's illusions about democracy.
- Political Conditions. // Poland Country Review;2010, p10
The article focuses on the political conditions in Poland including the dismissal of the Polish United Workers' (Communist) Party in January 1990, election of Lech Walesa as president for a five-year term in November 1990 and the first free parliamentary elections happened in October 1991.
- Government Functions. // Poland Country Review;2010, p31
The article provides information on the functions of the government in Poland including constitution, executive authority and legislative authority.
- Government Structure. // Poland Country Review;2010, p33
The article presents the structure of government in Poland including constitution, legal system and political parties and leaders.
- chapter 1: Political Outlook. // Poland Business Forecast Report;2006 3rd Quarter, p5
The article provides a political outlook for Poland for the year 2006.