2010 Fiscal Deficit Risks Derailing Financial Stability
- Chapter 6: BMI Global Assumptions. // Poland Business Forecast Report;Q1 2012, Issue 1, p51
The article presents the Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI) economic forecasting for Poland from 2010-2016 compared to developed countries and emerging markets.
- Domestic Demand To Suffer. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2009, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p2
The article presents the economic outlook of the Business Monitor International (BMI) for Poland for 2009. According to BMI, momentum for the economic growth cycle over the course of 2009 to 2010 will be affected by eurozone consumption cooling and tight international credit markets. However,...
- Imports To Drive C/A Deficit Wider. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;May2011, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p1
The article focuses on the economic forecasts of Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI) for Poland in 2011. It states that BMI expects the country's current account deficit to widen by 4.4% of gross domestic product (GDP) in 2011 from 3.2% of GDP in 2010. It mentions that BMI also anticipates...
- Near-Term Political Risks. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/26/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p14
Forecasts the performance of Poland's economy in 2003. Factors which may jeopardize the plans of the country to enter the European Union; Discussion on the possible decline in interest rates in the country; Assessment of domestic monetary trends.
- Macroeconomic Forecast. // Poland Defence & Security Report;Q3 2008, p38
The article presents an overview of the macroeconomic forecast of Poland. It is foretold that the Polish economy will slow down its course from 2008-2010 as it rides out the post-boom wave that it experienced in 2007. The Business Monitor International Ltd. viewed that its macroeconomic...
- Poland's successful transition. Lenain, Patrick // OECD Observer;Apr2000, Issue 220, p11
Discusses whether or not Poland can maintain its good economic performance until 2001. Gross domestic product growth from 1990 to 2000; Need to bring down inflation and the current account deficit; Economic forecast for 2000 and 2001; Goal of membership into the European Union.
- Fiscal Deficit: The Big Macro Risk. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Apr2011, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p1
The article focuses on the forecasts of Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI) for the economic and financial conditions of Poland. It mentions that budget deficit of the country is estimated at 7.6% in terms of the 2010 gross domestic product (GDP) in which it is considered as the largest...
- Executive Summary. // Poland Defence & Security Report;Q3 2009, p5
The article presents economic and defense forecast for Poland according to Business Monitor International (BMI) Ltd. It states that account deficit will decline by 3.5% of the gross domestic product (GDP) in 2009 and further down to 0.5% in 2013. The government came up with a savings plan of...
- Road To Recovery. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Oct2009, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p8
The article presents an economic forecast, conducted by the Business Monitor International (BMI) Ltd., for the U.S. from 2009-2010. According to the BMI, long-term global growth forecasts have been revised downward from previous projected annual trend growth of 3.7% to 3.5%. The BMI says that...