Budget Deficit To Narrow
- Economic Policy: Fiscal Situation - Recent Developments. // Peru Country Monitor;Mar2012, p17
The article discusses the fiscal situation in Peru in 2000-2010 wherein the fiscal deficit of the country narrowed from the equivalent of 3.3 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) in 2000 to 1.14 percent of GDP in 2010.
- Economic Policy: Fiscal Situation - Recent Developments. // Namibia Country Monitor;Sep2012, p15
The article provides an overview on the fiscal situation in Namibia in 2012. The projection for the budget deficit is highlighted which has been lowered to 0.4 percent of the gross domestic product (GDP) by 2014 to 2015. The support from the Southern African Customs Union (SACU) on the...
- The deficit takes a plunge. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/29/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 18, p9
The article reports on the annual budget deficit of the U.S. government for fiscal year 2007 that ended September 30, 2007. Budget deficit, characterized by an imbalance in income versus spending, was registered at $163 billion in 2007. The deficit represents 1.2 percent of gross domestic...
- Country Update. // Political Risk Yearbook: Slovak Republic Country Report;2008, pU-1
The article presents an update on Slovak Republic's economic and political conditions. The government of Prime Minister Rï¿½bert Fico remains stable and popular after a year in power. Revisions are being made to the Labor Code in line with Fico's campaign promise to partially scale back the...
- SKK: View Plays Out. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/29/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p18
Presents information on the economy and politics of Slovakia as of May 29, 2006. Forecast on the country's currency koruna; Accusation of Smer party leader Robert Fico against the ruling Democratic and Christian Union of Prime Minister Mikulas Dzurinda of accepting kick-backs from the sale of a...
- Slovak Republic. // OECD Observer;2013 OECD Yearbook, p128
The article discusses the economic development of Slovak Republic (Slovakia) as of 2013 that joined the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) in 2000. It offers information on the country's gross domestic product (GDP), unemployment, renewable energy, along with details...
- US Economy Living Beyond Its Means. // Global Finance;Oct2003, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p10
Reports on the current account deficit in the U.S. Need for dollar depreciation; Instability of the gross domestic product ratio; Assessment of the economic conditions.
- Hungary gen gov't deficit 0.2% of GDP in Q3. // Hungary A.M.;01/04/2013, p6
The article reports that Hungary's general government deficit was at 17.3 billion forint as of the third quarter of 2013, equivalent to 0.2 percent of the nation's gross domestic product.
- The Disappearing Budget Deficit. Urresta, Lixandra; Schiff, Lenore; al, et // Fortune;6/24/1996, Vol. 133 Issue 12, p32
Comments on the reasons for the shrinking budget deficit. Gross Domestic Product lowest since 1979; Reasons for the decline; Medicare and Social Security predicted to bring the deficit back up.