SLOVAKIA: RISK SUMMARY
- Slovak govt buys 49% stake in SPP gas provider. // Energy Today (Hungary);9/ 5/2013, p1
The article informs that Slovak Prime Minister Robert Fico's Cabinet agreed to buy back 49 percent stake in gas company Slovensky Plynarensky Priemysel (SPP) AS.
- Slovaks ready to buy back gas utility SPP. // Utility Week;10/31/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p32
The article reports on the statement issued by Slovak Prime Minister Robert Fico regarding the Slovak government's decision to buyback the 49% stake in gas supplier Slovensky Plynarensky Priemysel (SPP) held by GDF and Eon. Energy regulator Ãšrad pre regulÃ¡ciu siet'ovÃ½ch odvetvÃ...
- Foreign investors hit by Slovakia ruling. Jones, Simon // Utility Week;11/14/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p34
The article focuses on a draft law which enabled the government of Slovakia to block price rises planned by energy utilities. In a special meeting, the Slovak Cabinet has agreed upon the bill, which enables it to veto decisions made by foreign investors in state-owned assets. The legislation is...
- RISK SUMMARY: SLOVAKIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2008, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p9
This section offers news briefs concerning business, political and economic conditions in Slovakia. U.S. President George W. Bush committed to not require via for Slovaks traveling to his country. A surplus of SKK5.08 billion was posted by the government for the first nine months of 2008....
- EDB, Storebrand IT Contract Expanded and Extended. // EmergingMarketsNOW;3/13/2008, p9
The article reports that EDB Business Partner has won an information technology (IT) services expansion and extension contract from Storebrand Livsforsikring. The move follows Storebrand's acquisition of SPP in Sweden in December 2007. Under the terms of the contract expansion, EDB will provide...
- SPP the big catch this year. // Slovak Spectator;01/08/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p9
Focuses on the privatization of the Slovensky Plynarensky Priemysel (SPP) in 2001. Implication of the SPP privatization; Purpose of the move; Plans for the energy sector privatization in Slovakia.
- SPP utility says early 2001 loss no fluke. Holt, Ed // Slovak Spectator;05/14/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the profit loss of Slovak gas company Slovensky plynarensky priemysel (SPP) in the first quarter of 2001. Factors driving the loss; Companies that have confirmed their interest in SPP.
- Gas rises galvanise SPP sale opposition. Holt, Ed // Slovak Spectator;10/1/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 37, p1
Reports on a warning on gas sale losses issued by Slovak gas company Slovensky Plynarensky Priemysel (SPP) in September 2001. Incident that led to the issuance; Overview of gas sales in the country; Reaction of Slovak Economy Minister L'ubomir Harach on the matter.
- SLOVAKIA GAS MONOPOLY SALE. // Power Economics;Apr2002, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p7
Reports the agreement of the Slovakia cabinet to sell the natural gas monopoly Slovensky Plynarensky Priemysel (SPP) to a consortium of Gaz de France, Ruhrgas and Gazprom.