CZECH REPUBLIC: RISK SUMMARY
- RISK SUMMARY: CZECH REPUBLIC. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;May2009, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p6
This section offers news briefs concerning Czech Republic. On March 29, 2009, Prime Minister Mirek Topolanek announced that the European Union's (EU) Lisbon Treaty will be fully ratified by the Czech Republic in June 2009. The country's inflation dropped to 2.0 percent year-over-year in February...
- Country Forecast. // Political Risk Yearbook: Czech Republic Country Report;2009, p2
The article discusses economic and political forecasts for Czech Republic. The minority government of Prime Minister Mirek Topolanek was able to survive attempts by the opposition to remove it from power. Forecasted annual inflation and real gross domestic product (GDP) growth from 2009 to 2013...
- Economic Overview. // Czech Republic Country Review;2011, p74
The article provides an overview of the economic condition of Czech Republic which has benefited from its well-education population and well-developed infrastructure.
- BMI FORECAST SCENARIO. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Nov2002, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the developments in the Czech Republic's economy as of November 2002. Economic growth forecasted by the Czech Finance Ministry for 2003; Year on Year industrial output growth of the country as of August 2002; Economic implications of the rise in unemployment and damages caused by the...
- Exports pull Czechs out of recession as households spend less. // Regional Today;9/ 4/2013, p1
The article focuses on the report of the Czech Statistics Office which shows that export demand has helped Czech Republic in surpassing the recession in the second quarter of 2013.
- Czech current account deficit widens. // Regional Today;12/9/2013, p2
The article reports on the increased current account deficit of Czech Republic in the third quarter of 2013.
- Czech current account turns to surplus. // Regional Today;3/18/2014, p3
The article reports on the 25.93 Czech koruna current account surplus recorded by the Czech Republic in January 2014, an improvement from the 9.29 billion Czech koruna deficit in December 2013.
- Czech Q3 economy contracts less than estimated. // Regional Today;12/5/2013, p1
The article reports on a data showing that the economy of Czech performed well in the third quarter of 2013 than expected, which decline by only 0.1%.
- Czech economy expands in Q1. // Regional Today;6/5/2014, p1
The article offers information on the 1.5% expansion of the Czech economy in the first quarter (Q1) of 2014.