HUF/EUR: Contagion Fears Could Spark Depreciation
- Challenge To Diversify. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia & CIS;May2005, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p6
This article presents information on the current account surplus which continues to soar, thanks to favourable external demand and prices for key exports, and a significantly undervalued currency in Ukraine. The economy is vulnerable to external shocks, however, making a diversification of trade...
- THE HUMEAN ORIGIN OF THE CONTEMPORARY MONETARY APPROACH TO THE BALANCE OF PAYMENTS. Fausten, Dietrich K. // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Nov79, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p655
This article presents information on a study which explored the humean origin of the contemporary monetary approach to the balance of payments. According to its advocates, the distinguishing characteristics of the modern monetary approach consist on the one hand in the perception of the balance...
- Currency Concerns under Uncertainty. Sen, Sunanda // Economic & Political Weekly;6/22/2013, Vol. 48 Issue 25, p30
The author comments on some aspects relating to China's currency such as the decline in the country's financial account balance and a drop in the stock of official reserves. Topics covered include the twin surplus in the country's balance of payments (BOP), the policies advocated for restoration...
- THE MONETARY THEORETIC FOUNDATION OF THE MODERN MONETARY APPROACH TO THE BALANCE OF PAYMENTS. TSIANG, S. C. // Oxford Economic Papers;Sep1977, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p319
No abstract available.
- Devaluation Not Biting On Trade Deficit. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Mar2010, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p5
The article reports that devaluation has not done much in solving the problem of underlying balance of payments. According to the macroeconomic data, the three percent devaluation effected by the Vietnamese authorities reduces the trade deficit. It states that a monthly trade deficit...
- Vietnam: Balance Of Payments -- Crisis Time Again? // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/9/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 30, p9
This article presents an outlook for the balance of payments position of Vietnam in 2009. Business Monitor International (BMI) warns about a crisis facing the country's balance of payments. BMI attributes the scenario to a widening trade deficit and falling foreign exchange reserves. The firm...
- External Sector: Outlook. // South Korea Country Monitor;Mar2012, p14
The article offers forecasts on the exports and import activities in South Korea. It mentions that exports and imports have rebounded strongly, and expects the need for overseas recovery to keep trade growth strong. It predicts the deceleration of nominal import growth due to limited domestic...
- Crawling Peg Likely To Stay. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Jan2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on the effect of capital inflow on the balance of payments in Costa Rica in 2003. Outlook on the exchange rate by the end of the year; Cause of the increase in the 2002 second-quarter current account deficit; Factors that may limit the growth in the export industry.
- International Developments. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jul2001, p8
Discusses the current account balance in the United States from 1999 to 2001. Exports and imports of services; Measurement of trade balances; Foreign exchange rates.