POLAND: RISK SUMMARY
- Country Update. // Political Risk Yearbook: Poland Country Report;2010, pU-1
The article reports on economic and political conditions in Poland. It is expected that real gross domestic product (GDP) growth rates in 2009 and 2010 to 2014 are 1.0 percent and 3.2 percent, respectively. The Civic Platform (PO) party of Prime Minister Donald Tusk remains the choice party of...
- Remaking Poland. Purvis, Andrew; Pasek, Beata // Time International (Atlantic Edition);4/21/2008, Vol. 171 Issue 16, p26
The article profiles Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk and discusses his role in Poland's efforts to liberate itself from the effects of communist rule. The infighting that characterized Poland's government under Tusk's predecessor Jaroslaw Kaczynski and his twin brother, Russian President Lech...
- Country Forecast. // Political Risk Yearbook: Poland Country Report;2010, p2
The article discusses economic and political forecasts for Poland. It is expected that real gross domestic product (GDP) growth rates in 2009 and 2010 to 2014 are -1.0 percent and 3.1 percent, respectively. Weakening economic climate and the fallout between the premier and President Lech...
- Country Update. // Political Risk Yearbook: Poland Country Report;2009, pU-1
The article reports on the economic and political conditions of Poland as of September 1, 2008. A PBS DGA survey revealed that 48% of respondents were for the governing center-right Civic Platform (PO) while 28% chose the main opposition Law and Justice Party (PiS). The government's...
- Country Update. // Political Risk Yearbook: Poland Country Report;2011, pU-1
A political risk report for Poland as of November 2010 is presented. Bronislaw Komorowski, a former parliamentary speaker who assumed the presidency after the death of President Lech Kaczynski, defeated Kaczynski's twin brother, Jaroslaw, in an early presidential election. The government plans...
- Political Overview. // Poland Defence & Security Report;Q1 2012, Issue 1, p46
The article offers an overview of the political condition of Poland for the first quarter of 2012. It states that the Civic Platform party led by Prime Minister Donald Tusk is expected to secure another successive term in office. It says that voters will continue to be content with the Civic...
- POLAND: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p2
The article reports on the political and economic condition in Poland.
- Bibliography. // Poland Country Review;2010, p152
A bibliography on the subject of economic, politics, social aspects of Poland is presented including the book "The Statesman's Year-Book 2006," Barry Turner, "Britannica Book of the Year," by David Calhoun and "Current Leaders of Nations," by Jennifer Mossman.
- Executive Summary. // Poland Business Forecast Report;2008 1st Quarter, p5
The article presents an overview of the political and economic conditions in Poland in 2007.